Inaccurate info, but not bad
A. Inaccurate information:-
1. The hotel sent me an email to confirm my reservation, stating its phone number and address at JALAN GREEN.
2. When we arrived at the address via Waze (and thereafter searched Google Maps), it was a residential area, and Hotel 48 was nowhere in sight.
3. Called the number - no one answered.
4. Only found the right address and phone number after searching on Agoda.com.
5. The pictures are outdated. We had a peek into the bigger room with two queen-sized beds, and it was as nice as the pictures, but our room was not (room 1 had one queen-sized bed, and room 2 had one queen-sized bed and one single bed).
There were two receptionists when we arrived. One was on the phone and didn't bother acknowledging us. The other was doing who knows what and didn't acknowledge us either. We waited for awhile before we were attended to. We let it go because it IS a budget hotel after all.
1. Cleanliness: The floor was quite clean. There were some stains on the bed, but nothing too gross and no bed bugs. Walls had stains and place looked worn out, but I guess you get what you pay for.
2. The bed is extremely comfortable. EXTREMELY comfortable. Really good for a good night's rest after a long day of walking around.
3. Water pressure was fantastic, although the shower head leaked and was difficult to turn on and off. We had to maneuver around a valve that was very difficult to turn.
4. Toilet bowl wasn't totally functional. Sometimes after flushing, the water would continue to run into the bowl instead of filling up the tank, resulting in a lot of noise and difficulty in flushing. Problem solved by turning off the water for the toilet bowl, but was inconvenient.
5. No toilet paper. We had to get our own from 711. They didn't sell toilet rolls, so we got a big pack of facial tissue.
6. They provide soap bars. Really small soap bars.
7. Towels provided.
8. Aircon was working well.
9. Internet available. Speed was excellent.
10. Lousy blur TV with hardly any interesting channels.
Strategic location. We walked most of the time. Plenty of 711's nearby. There is a kueh chap shop that sells the best kueh chap. There is also a Malay shop opposite the hotel. Anyways, Grab is really reliable and available in Kuching, so don't worry about getting around. There's a bistro nearby, so it can get noisy at night. It can also be dodgy at night if you're walking alone. Otherwise, it's alright.
It was alright, considering what we paid. Good for a few nights' stay just to sleep in after doing some sight-seeing, but definitely not for a family vacation place.
Friends getaway - Aug 10, 2017