Go deep into the rainforest in this 1-day trek in Masungi Georeserve’s Discovery Trail. Popular on social media for its breathtaking landscapes and hanging rope bridges, there’s more to Masungi than Instagrammable spots. Deepen your appreciation for nature as you trek through an area with more than 400 species of documented flora and fauna, and enjoy stunning views of the karst landscape unique to the area. You’ll leave the park refreshed, recharged, and ready to tackle the week ahead.
Tanlines Travel Lounge (5/F Mavenue Bldg., 7844 Makati Ave., Poblacion, Makati)
- Wear comfortable hiking attire with closed shoes.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Bring a 1-liter water bottle, change of clothes, and trail snacks to munch on during breaks.
- Masungi Georeserve has a strict "no littering" policy. Please keep all used wrappers and plastic items in your bag.
- Pack light and bring a small bag to bring inside the trail. Paid lockers (P20 each) are available inside Masungi.
- Eating heavy meals and smoking within the entire vicinity (including the parking area) are not allowed.
- Making loud noises, picking of rocks/plants/flowers, feeding of animals, and tipping the park rangers are also prohibited.
- Masungi is a rainforest so light rains are normal and expected. The trail was built for rain or shine activities, so unless there is a storm or typhoon, trail schedules usually push through.