Happy place for a diver!!!
For those who want to just dive and relax, Badladz Dive Resort is a good choice. For me, if you just want to dive and need decent accommodation, it's more than enough for it's very reasonable price. Don't go expecting a luxurious stay if you are traveling on a budget (yeah, I've read the negative reviews).
1. Less than 5mins walk from Muelle port.
2. Near the main highway, convenience stores, market, and hole-in-the-wall dining places.
3. 5mins from a legit bank where there's an ATM machine and even Western Union. To me this is VERY IMPORTANT.
ROOMS, FACILITIES, and SERVICE
1. The place have balconies on all levels that will give you a nice view of the bay.
2. Rooms are clean, outdated but not dilapidated, yet well maintained.
3. I appreciate how they are environmentally conscious in promoting garbage segregation, less change of linen, less water and power usage, and rooms have electric fans should you wish to turn off the air conditioning and still have good ventilation.
4. Staffs are commendable. Very friendly, decent, jolly, helpful, and diligent.
5. If you stay at their dive resort, if I'm not mistaken, you can still use the facilities of their Beach Resort, which is really nice!
Not so good:
1. While I understand that the Dive Resort is trying to be aspirational by having a really nice bar and restaurant (because some divers need lots of booze and good food after a dive), it would be complete if there is a training pool also, but the pool is at their Beach Resort which is only a km away. That's where they conduct also their pool training for certifications. Maybe if they have a bigger lot, they would've included a pool there.
2. I know this is not their fault, but there seems to be power fluctuations in the island. You would notice it in the air conditioning. But at least they have fans should the power supply becomes low. Generators may or may not be a good idea because of the noice that it will produce.
3. Wi-fi is only available at the restaurant area. :(
Overall, this a really convenient and very good place to stay for extroverted-introvert dynamic people, like myself. You get privacy, but if you decide to go to the crowded spots, local transportation to those places are just in the area.
Solo travel - Sep 4, 2017