April Diane R
Birthday in Tagaytay
Casa Bed & Breakfast Review:
Read a lot of reviews regarding this B&B, at first, I was honestly scared to push through this staycation. However, its my husband’s birthday and its already paid.
Like last year, we decided to go for a staycation to celebrate my husband’s birthday, its the 1st of November so we expect less hotel guests. Unlike last year, we decided to go for a long drive, from MMNL to Tagaytay. This B&B caught our attention first since its cheaper than the other hotels in Tagaytay, plus, the view was breathtaking, with all my excitement, I logged in my Agoda account and book the place.
After booking that’s the only time I decided to read the reviews and I was shocked with all the negative comments, so I decided to write my review to compare to other comments, let me break it down:
1. Water - THERE IS WATER, its not the normal water flow, but there is water people.
2. It is true that they only serve breakfast - real joke there since its Bed and Breakfast hahaha. It is best to have snacks and diner food with you since the place is veri secluded, unless you want to drive right back to city proper.
3. There’s actually free soap and shampoo not sure why there are reviews complaining of getting only 2 free toothbrush, soap and shampoo. Pack your stuff people. And there were clean towels mind you.
4. Its true though that the place is way out of date, major renovation is needed, though the old country style charm is a plus points for me.
5. The staff are limited but very ATTENTIVE and friendly. Maybe I got lucky with the staff they have right now since all of my requests were provided easily and very fast.
6. The pool was CLEAN. Seriously, that’s the first thing I checked since my twins are going for a swim, it is clean.
7. The view, well like all other reviews its a plus plus points. Really nice view, we were literary just staring at Taal Lake like forever.
8. Taste of food and price - the price was higher than what you get, but it served really quick. They do need a lot of breakfast variations, we only got a tapa and longganisa as our breakfast choice.
9. We were booked at Room 1, came in early than the checked in time (2pm) was escorted to our room like less than 10 minutes. Our room was decent though again the smell was like my grandparent’s unused rooms, hahaha. I don’t mind the out dated cabinets though as long as they’re clean and I can store my stuff.
10. There were quite a number of mosquitoes so you might want to pack insect repelent.
All in all pur experience was really great, the staff are very friendly and very conversational, not the usual hi, hello and good mornings, they tried their best to put a conversation especially when we were waiting. I’d recommend this place for those who’d like a relaxing day and away from busy streets.
Family - Nov 1, 2017