Not worth a try
I went here on November 2013. This is my second time in Coron. My first time was in 2011.
1.The location is far from the town proper. You have to take the tricycle to be at the center of town. Else, you have to walk for about 25 minutes. Given this, you are also far from the restaurants, Mt. Tapyas, travel agencies, and the churches. Beside this lodging house is Kokusnuss, but I didn't get the chance to drop by and check the place.
2. The only good restaurant nearby is Lobster King, which is a 2-4 minutes walk away. The lobster there is worth trying.
3. The lodging house itself is located in a compound with a shack-like place in front, and another lodging place at the back. Given that the place is far from "civilization", you also cannot go out at night in nearby places.
4. The lodging only offers breakfast. They don't have a canteen inside so you really have to go out to dine. This is ok for lunch since you are most likely out for island tours (island tours already have lunch buffet in their package). But for dinner, you have to go to town to eat.
1. The rooms are clean and new though. The only thing that saves this lodging house is it's still new and clean. i.e. The bed mattress albeit thin, still feels sturdy and not beaten up. The room is small though.
2. The toilet fixtures are still new. The wall paints and tiles are still shiny and new. The room has a window-type aircon (3 HP i think), an electric fan, and a television. They don't have hot shower though. They have bath towels, and offer the basic toilet amenities, i.e. body soap, toothbrush, and toothpaste.
3. They have complimentary breakfast. On the first day, we were served 2 hotdogs, a dried fish (danggit), a sunny side up egg, and a cup of plain rice. On the second day, we were served 2 sweet hams, a dried fish (danggit), a sunny side up egg, and a cup of plain rice. Instant coffee is also complimentary.
4. They have airport transfers.
Will I go back again? Probably not because there are better lodging places that are of the same price range but you get more bang for your buck. i.e. you are located at the town proper (and you get to save on your transportation fare of PHP10 per trike ride per pax), some lodging places have bigger rooms, and have a hot shower also.
Friends getaway - Nov 22, 2013