Mesmerising and Peaceful
I feel so nervous for booking in this place at first due to various negative reviews. FORTUNATELY, other hotels/resorts we prefer are already fully booked.
We visited this place getting 3 rooms for 6 people. 1 room with AC (Hibiscus Cottage) and 2 without (Hibiscus Cottage and Shell Cottage) for 4 days and 3 nights.
-the one using the phone is rude and not friendly, a female. (still I am thankful that they contacted us once there is available rooms)
-email (directly with Stephen) he respond fast and answered my queries immediately. It was extremely helpful.
I don't know why people are complaining that the reception and the bar is far. For people like me and my friends who are looking for a peaceful and undisturbed stay, this is the best.
And FYI, the resort is not that big so you do not need to walk that far to go to the reception/bar area. 15 - 20 steps is far? If that is far for you then you should book for a hotel/resort in the city area.
-We are greeted by a young female employee immediately after we arrive with a sweet smile. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get her name.
-The place was mesmerising, there are a lot of plants and flowers that greets the eye upon arrival.
My boyfriend and I stayed at Shell Cottage, it was spacious and clean.
- With kitchen area
- Balcony area is spacious enough for the 6 of us to eat (it let the 6 of us stay here to chit chat and relax)
- Clean restroom
- Bed and linen are clean
- Free toilet paper
- There was this where you can hang your laundry (sorry don't know what its called, check my photos)
- There is also a laundry line in the balcony which is very much convenient
- The windows have screen so the insects will not enter the room
- There is electric kettle, which is very much helpful because my friends like coffee every morning.
- Kindly delete in your website that this room has twin burner or ref because there is none or you can just increase the rate for the room and add the two again. (I am willing to pay more if this two are in the room because that is very much convenient for the stay.)
- There is no bathroom door only curtain, which made it hard to do our business.
- The room is lacking in a place where we could place our luggage unlike in the Hibiscus Cottage. (so I just place our things in the kitchen)
- The water is slow in the shower area if the faucet in the kitchen is open
- The bed is hard unlike in Hibiscus Cottage
- Safety box don't have a key (apparently the previous guest did not return it)
Unfortunately Stephen kindly accept the fact that it really takes a long time to serve food at your restaurant, you should not answer negative feed backs in a not so nice way, it would reflect bad on your hotel/resort.
-The food taste good
-The price is worth it for the portion of the food (We ordered Chicken BBQ, Pork BBQ and cream dorry which cost 240php, we still have leftovers that we ate at dinner)
-The servers are friendly and accommodating
-The restaurant is so relaxing and clean
-They offer board/card games so better check it out (we brought our own so no chance to try it)
-It took almost 2 hours before our meal are served, fortunately we are preoccupied by playing. It took a long time because they still need to light the charcoal grill and preparing food from scratch because we ordered around 2pm already.
-Unfortunately there are bugs and mosquito at around 5pm onward that start disturbing us so we return to our rooms
(Yes there are mosquito Stephen, you can not do anything about it just accept the fact. But there are not that many and none in the room just outside the rooms. Why not just recommend to your guest to bring mosquito repellent instead of being so defensive about it. There are MOSQUITO in all parts of the Philippines!)
-You can borrow plates, cups, and utensils for free
-They also lend us an extra mattress free of charge
-They change the linen every 2 days of stay
-They clean the room everyday
-If you want a pitcher of water you can ask them free of charge
-The guard is there to assist you at night (we usually arrive at around 8pm onward because of tours around Moalboal)
-During low tide you can walk to the White Beach
-Whiskie the dog is friendly and he also accompanied us going to White Beach (but left halfway, hahah)
-We bought a 5 gallon of water, no dispenser, no faucet, so every time we need a drink it is so much hassle (thankfully we ask for a pitcher)
-It was really disturbing to read you comments on TripAdvisor Stephen. You should just warmly accept those negative comments (which some are really absurd) and reply to them in an intelligent manner, do not argue with short sighted people who do not do enough research before staying in a hotel/resort. That is the life of a hotelier, we can not really please everybody.
Thank you for the staff that helped and accommodated us through out our stay. We had a pleasant and comfortable stay. Will be back again.
Friends getaway - May 19, 2017