WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER!
Checked in to celebrate my birthday, and sadly, had the worst experience ever! Here are the details of what happened:
1) Check-in time was supposed to be at 2PM. However, upon arrival at 2PM, our room was not yet ready. They were still cleaning it. We were allowed to check-in at 2:40PM
2) Upon arrival, their receiving area was so chaotic! They were allowing a group to sing karaoke to the top of their voices in the middle of the afternoon! As if we were in a bar! Also, their laundry was all over their lobby!! When I complained about this, they said that that is really where they fix their laundry
3) When I texted beforehand to inquire about coming in early for check-in, they said that the room will still be available by 2, however, they will give us complimentary wine and muffins while waiting. But then, 30 minutes upon arrival, they were still not serving us the wine and muffins they had promised! I needed to be the one to remind them about it just so they'll serve it already
4) There were lizard feces on my mom's pillow! On our first use of the room!
5) There was a big stain on the chair of our room
6) Upon arrival, our room was super dirty! My non-hotel room at home was even cleaner! There were tapes on the ceiling, there were oily fingerprints on the glass separating the balcony and the room, the rug was covered by white dirt, etc!
7) Even though we were a group of 3, we only had 2 towels and 1 set of toiletries in the bathroom! I needed to be the one to again ask that they fix this. And I needed to ask twice before they actually did it! Also, they only had 2 robes for 3 guests. They said they really only have 2.
8) When I asked for glasses of water for the group, our water had ants in it!
9) There were cigarette butts all over the place
10) They told me that they could just give me a discount because of all these by canceling my booking through booking.com. This, I didn't understand why since I didn't pay through booking.com and booking.com said that Carmelence View handles payments directly. However, I was too stressed when they were telling me about this cancellation, so I just to them that they can do whatever they wanted. However, looking back, I think they wanted me to cancel my booking through booking.com, which they said they would facilitate, so that I could no longer leave my review of their hotel in that website!
I think it would be better for anyone, especially those celebrating special occasions, to just check-in elsewhere!
Family - Sep 4, 2017