Visit the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre in Sabah. Here you can explore and learn more about thie protected species of primates. Around 25km north of Sandakan, and covering 40 sq km of the Kabili-Sepilok Forest Reserve, this inspiring centre welcomes orphaned and injured orangutans for rehabilitation before returning them to forest life. You will also have the chance to witness Orangutan feeding process from the feeding platform. At the end of this tour, enjoy your lunch at a Sandakan local restaurant.
What to bring or wear:
Good walking shoes
- Please ensure you are holding air ticket to Sandakan.
- If you are arriving at Sandakan Airport on the day of your tour, your friendly guide will greet and pick you up from the airport with a placard bearing your name.
- Recommended flights from Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan: Air Asia AK6492 (ETD 0635hrs / ETA 0720hrs).
- Recommended flights from Sandakan to Kota Kinabalu: Air Asia AK6499 (ETD 1820hrs / ETA 1910hrs).
- The above flight timings are suggestions and subject to changes. Before you book your flight ticket(s), please always check with the airline schedules for the correct flight timings that are most suited to your needs and tour options that you have chosen.
Free pick-ups available
Hotel in Sandakan City area / Sandakan Airport
Sabah Wildlife Department, W.D.T. 200, Sandakan, Jalan Sepilok, Sepilok, 90000 Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia.