Best panoramic view in Muine!
I know this hotel pretty well and can prove almost everything that written below and give you some useful tips that not everyone knows:
1. Yes staff is almost don't speak English - that's why use everything that needed google translate, pantomime etc. to make sure that they understand your request.
2. Service: hope for the best - prepare for the worst. Best rule for this hotel - because this hotel is like gambling, you never know. It is only 3 stars and you can't expect a lot, but sometimes they give you clean and nice room, sometimes - total disaster. So if your scenario is the last one, than don't hesitate to ask for cleaning. And be there while they clean your room. In this case you will avoid a lot of disappointment. Rooms have no balcony, only common balcony on the floor corridor.
3. Swimming pool area: it was my favorite place during my stay there. Refreshing in the morning when water is chill, relaxing and romantic after the sunset with the best panoramic view in Muine. Nam Hai is the highest building in village. From there you can see all the territory around and thousands kites in the sky during high season - that makes this view priceless. That'w why even if you choose another hotel - stop by and visit the rooftop for great picture. Staff always ok with visitors, and you can even order cocktail or juice in the lobby bar to enjoy it upstairs. Pool opened from 7 am to 7 pm.
4. Beach: this hotel doesn't have it is own beach territory, but beaches in Vietnam are public and 5 mins away from the hotel. Beach towels free on the reception. I wouldn't recommend lay on the sand by itself, because there are a lot of sand flies who's bites are unpleasant. For tanning use swimming pool area on the roof top - 1 hour every morning and after a week you will have chocolate skin :)
5. Booking & Exchange: For booking tickets for bus and trips I would recommend to use "Green tour" that just on the right hand side when you walk out of the hotel. They charge additional 1$ for the price of your ticket and provide you full service with pick up from your hotel on time. Also there you can exchange your dollars - exchange rate was almost the same or even higher than in similar places. Bad news if you used to change money in the bank: in Muine is only one bank and it is working schedule i couldn't figure out during my 1,5 year living there. So it is better to use small travel agencies for exchange your currency.
6. Trips: not a lot of ppl know that in Nam Hai you can order car with the driver for different sight seen tour trip. The cheapest one is 500 000 VND total for 4 ppl for the Jeep for 4 hours to visit: Red Sand Dunes, White Sand Dunes, Fishing Village & Fairy Stream. I was using this service when my parents came to visit me.
7. Best European style nail care service in Muine located in the lobby - "Nail Bar". This is best beauty salon that i discovered for myself for nails. Great quality, everything clean, sterile, staff is friendly. Comfy massage chair while you have your procedure and refreshing cocktails for any taste). Check there page for more info. I personally do there my eyelashes extension that last almost a month, nail service and eyebrow coloration with shape correction))
8. Lobby Bar: back in times it was Snail Bar - now "Banabanana" bar. Yes i agree service is not so professional and take a lot of time. But first of all it is run by young owners who has no experience in hospitality that's why try to talk with them and they will show you all wonders and magic of this kitesurf paradise called Muine )))
Solo travel - Feb 16, 2017