If you evaluate separately hostel:
+ comfortable mattress;
+ air conditioning works quite strongly;
+ locker for things outside the room.
- toilets on the second floor to the impossible small. And on the first floor there is only one male toilet.
- One male shower on the first floor, for all rooms that are there.
- there is no warm water, so if after the rain you plan to warm up by taking a warm shower, nothing will come of it.
- there are no keys to the door, anyone can enter.
- HORRIBLE INTERNET, and since the hostel is located deep in the island, then the mobile Internet will not work either.
- If the bed is on the second tier, get ready to present yourself as an acrobat. If you still decide to stay in this hostel, ask for a bed on the lower floor.
- I tried to make Check-out at 7:40, so I was also offended that I was so early and ask them to hurry. Since the girl with the reception overslept.
If we evaluate separately the cafe:
+ coffee is great.
- does not work on what schedule, then from 7:30, then from 8:30.
- closes at 14:00.
- A smoothie bowl is prepared with ice, because of this, the taste is lost. This is how they save you.
- if a group of tourists arrived at the hostel who ordered breakfast in advance, they will score at you and will not even listen, even if you are in a hurry to transfer to the airport. Tried to order breakfast the next day, they said, &quot;Not possible!&quot;. What makes me different from the rest, who had the opportunity to order breakfast and who sat and ate while I was told that this was not possible. In general, feel like an unwelcome guest.
If you rate the staff at &#39;Bloom Hostel and Café&#39;:
At first glance, everyone is friendly and welcoming, but if a situation arises in which you need their help, the picture immediately changes. You ask about one person for breakfast, he sends you to another, you ask them to solve this issue among themselves, in the end you are also to blame.
The overslept girl with the front desk was surprised by her dissatisfaction and brazenly asked to bring a towel, otherwise she would not return the deposit (I had not been told before that I had to carry a towel, so I left it on the bed), to my words: &quot;I repeated:&quot; no towels - no deposit. &quot;
The girl from the cafe Mai Mai, very friendly smiling, but when a problem arose and I asked her in free time to help me solve this problem, she said she did not want to communicate. Also, when I did Check-out, I asked May Mai to call the girl who was late (although she slept in the same hostel), received a negative response.
If we evaluate everything together:
If I were you, I would have looked at more suitable options, where you will not feel like an uninvited guest. Friends stayed in another place and there were no problems at all, neither with breakfast, nor with departure, nor with questions about help.