As the coastal city closest to Saigon, Vung Tau tourism is always a familiar "hideout" address whether it is a relaxing weekend, or a summer "escape" without having to go far.
Not only famous for the blue sea of sand, Vung Tau tourism also attracts diverse nature such as Big Mountain, Small Mountain, Nghinh Phong Cape, Con Heo Hill ... Then when you are satisfied, don't worry new places like Ho May, Christ statue, or White Palace court of Indochina Governor-General.
Famous for sea travel, Vung Tau hotels mostly serve resort needs and fun activities at sea. Whether choosing a resort by the sea, or a cozy homestay in the center, the tourist city of Vung Tau is still full of exciting things for you to enjoy the most interesting trip to the blue sea.
If asked Saigon residents is not the most familiar tourist destination, the common answer is probably Vung Tau coastal city. Only less than two hours away from Ho Chi Minh City, Vung Tau tourism has long become a famous vacation destination of people from neighboring provinces.
With golden sand and blue sea, with countless delicious dishes from seafood to banh khot, a hotel in Vung Tau must be the perfect "escape" address. Let a child crave for the sea suddenly, if you don't want to go far and tired, why not stop at the beach and enjoy your vacation comfortably!
• Not only the sea, Vung Tau also has mountains, passes, there are beautiful bay bays that fall into any frame.
• Vung Tau also owns a number of spiritual destinations, cultural discoveries that make this place even though it is familiar but never makes visitors bored.
• Vung Tau tourism never ends "hot". The number of tourists increased gradually over time, making hotels in Vung Tau constantly offering more diverse and quality services, bringing more choices to visitors.
In the Southeast region, Vung Tau also possesses the typical climate of the Southeast region which is two rainy and sunny seasons. The dry season falls around November - April, which is the best time to go to Vung Tau.
However, the climate here is quite mild, less dynamic so generally you can travel Vung Tau year-round to enjoy the sea air and cool year-round temperatures only about 27-30 degrees C.
Vung Tau is only over 1 hour from Ho Chi Minh City, so if you depart from the central or northern provinces, you can fly to Ho Chi Minh City. HCM then moved to Vung Tau. Hanoi - Ho Chi Minh City airfare prices range from 450,000 - 2,000,000 VND / way, flying in about 1 hour and 45 minutes. After that, Jestar or Vietjet Air firms have transfer bus from Tan Son Nhat airport to Vung Tau for 100,000 VND / trip.
Another option is to fly to Co Ong airport (Con Dao), then take the train from Ben Dam port to Cat Lo port (Vung Tau). Ticket price is 85,000 VND / seat or 150,000 VND / bed.
There are many passenger car companies that travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau, the most popular are Hoa Mai, Toan Thang and Phuong Trang. You can pick up directly at the garage in District 1, every 30 minutes - 1 hour will have a departure trip. Ticket price is about 85,000 - 95,000 VND / ticket.
Currently, Hoa Mai and Toan Thang firms also have VIP limousine service with spacious, smooth and full wifi seats. Price 160,000 VND / ticket.
With a road of about 120 km, you can completely drive from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau by the Long Thanh Expressway, turn on National Highway 51 to run 100 km more to arrive.
• Bus: As a crowded city famous for tourism, Vung Tau has bus routes moving in the city and in Ba Ria - Vung Tau province, the fare varies from 6,000 - 20,000 VND / turn.
• Taxi: Some reputable and familiar taxi firms in Vung Tau are Mai Linh (SDT: 0254.3.56.56.56) and Vinasun (SDT: 0254.38.27.27.27), Petro (SDT: 0254.3.851.851).
• Motorbikes and bicycles: If you do not drive to Vung Tau, you can rent a motorbike or bicycle to explore the city Bicycle rental price is about 20,000 VND / hour, motorbike rental costs about 120,000 - 200,000 VND each day for a car. Hotels in Vung Tau often offer these services so you do not need to worry and take time to search.
In particular, in order to serve tourism, Vung Tau city has included two new transport facilities to serve visitors. They are electric cars and helicopters.
• Electric cars: Trams tour around Vung Tau usually lasts about 1 hour and 30 minutes - 2 hours with two main routes being Nui Nho area and around the city. Prices range from 100,000 VND / 3-seater car to 320,000 VND / 13-seat car.
• Helicopters: The luxurious service to visit Vung Tau city by helicopter allows visitors to enjoy the panoramic view of the coastal city with prices ranging from USD 20 - 40 per trip depending on each service.
Being the coastal city closest to Ho Chi Minh City, Vung Tau is the ideal choice for short-term vacation of Saigon residents. Therefore, the hotels in Vung Tau are extremely diverse with the goal of serving the best for their gods.
If traveling alone or with friends, with affordable criteria and maximum experience, you can choose the homestay, hostel in Vung Tau. Some names like Gecko Hostel, La Vita Hotel, De Homestay Vung Tau ... will surely make you have unforgettable memories.
For those who are looking to relax, enjoy the most advanced facilities, you can choose luxury resorts and hotels in Vung Tau such as
For those who do not need to be too high in space, just find a comfortable place to stop, you can refer to the medium hotels in Vung Tau such as Aris Hotel, Petro House, Co Ba Hotel Vung Tau, Phoenix Hotel Vung Tau ...
Vung Tau has two most famous beaches, Bai Sau and Bai Truoc. Compared to the two beaches, Bai Sau is more popular with tourists bathing in the sea than the clear blue, moderate waves. This is also the place where most hotels are located in Vung Tau.
Front Beach is crowded and bustling with fun activities. Each evening on the sunset, you can walk or drive on the road along Bai Truoc to enjoy the wind, roam at shopping malls and parks.
The White Palace is called Villa Blanche, the Indochinese governor general Paul Doumer dedicated to his beloved daughter with the main purpose of vacation. The building has European architecture with white walls and red tile, luxurious interior and ancient Greek reliefs.
• Address: 04 Trần Phú, P.1, TP. Vung Tau
Simulated with a famous princess statue in Rio de Janeiro, the statue of Lord Ki-to stretched in Vung Tau is the largest statue of God in Asia. Statue is placed on the top of Small Mountain. In the statue, there is also a staircase of 133 steps leading up to the shoulder of God for you to see the whole city.
• Address: Small Mountain, TP. Vung Tau
It is the most famous temple in the city with the statue of Thich Ca Buddha sitting meditating on the lotus and the octagonal tower inside is dedicated to Buddha relics. These two great buildings are harmoniously located in the pure temple grounds, facing the sea.
• Address: 608 Trần Phú, P.5, TP. Vung Tau
Ho May is a tourist area on Big Mountain, connected to the mainland by cable car system. There is a 9-meter-high waterfall throughout the day, and a large artificial lake brings a fresh air. Ho May has all the games, amusement parks, and temples and a high-class resort for you to play all day without getting bored.
• Address: 1A Tran Phu, Ward 1, TP. Vung Tau
• Fare: VND 300,000 / cable car ticket and visit Ho May Park
Built in 1862, Vung Tau lighthouse is considered one of the oldest lighthouses in our country. A special feature of the lighthouse is the winding mountain road, both sides are covered with green trees.
On the way to the lighthouse, do not ignore the Co Tien shop with soft yogurt and egg yolks to eat with an attractive orange sauce. Price per item is also very affordable, only 7,000 VND / item.
• Address: Ward 2, TP. Vung Tau
Ancient weapon museum Robert Taylor
The museum is actually a private collection of Robert Taylor - an Englishman living in Vung Tau. This French architectural villa complex brings together more than 1,500 types of weapons, military costumes of Asian, European and American countries ... through periods from ancient times to now.
• Address: 98 Tran Hung Dao, Ward 1, TP. Vung Tau
• Opening time: 8:00 - 17:00
• Fare: VND 50,000 / Vietnamese, VND 100,000 / foreigner and VND 25,000 / child from 6 to 11 years old.
Being an island located at the foot of Small Mountain, Hon Ba has become a new tourist destination of Vung Tau. The most unique point of Hon Ba island is the bumpy stone road crossing the sea, which only appears on the day of the low tide. On other occasions, you will have to take a boat to play the island and visit the temple.
• Location: Area of Bai Sau, Thuy Van, Ward 2, TP. Vung Tau
If you want to collect all of Vung Tau into a picture with a bustling city and the blue sea, then don't miss the Pig Hill. Although it is just a wild hill, the prime point of Con Heo Hill is the view overlooking the Back Beach - the most beautiful beach in Vung Tau.
That is not to mention here there are countless different scenes spoiled for the "action" photographers: rocky beach, green grass, or the more burning grassy hills ...
• Address: Ngo 220 Phan Chu Trinh, Ward 2, TP. Vung Tau, Ba Ria - Vung Tau
Don't think that only highlands have heaven gates, Vung Tau also has a sky gate of its own. The name "Nghinh Phong" means to catch the wind, when this place is a seafront reaching for the wind all year round.
Nghinh Phong Cape has a pristine beach of Vong Nguyet, not as noisy as other popular beaches but still ensures that green water will still satisfy you. There is also a gate between the city and the vast sea, worthy to become the heaven of Vung Tau.
• Address: Nghinh Phong Cape Resort, 01 Ha Long - TP. Vung Tau
Marina Marina is a new, Western-style photographic spot, attracting a lot of tourists when visiting Vung Tau recently. This is Vung Tau's first marina, which is a mooring place for canoes and tourist boats with colorful flags.
To Marina Marina, you can buy boat tours to Vung Tau with destinations such as oil rig, Long Son Island, Go Gang Island ... with a cost of VND 120,000 - 200,000 / person / time.
• Address: Dong Xuyen Industrial Zone, Road No. 1, P. Rach Dua, TP. Vung Tau
• Entrance fee at the pier: 20,000 VND / trip
Vung Tau khot cake can be considered the most famous dish in Vung Tau. Part of the thin powder, deep fried and crispy, served with shrimp, onion fat. Delicious banh khot is to be wrapped with raw vegetables, pickles and dipping sauce; eat forever.
Address should try:
• Origin of Breast Milk: 14 Nguyen Truong To
• Ut Loan Restaurant: 67 Ba Trieu
• Quan Ba Hai: 376/27 Le Loi street
• Cay Da Restaurant: 21 Ly Thuong Kiet
Egg salt cake
Famous right after the cake, it is salted egg spread. Not as sophisticated as other cakes, but this cake in Vung Tau is always attractive to tourists. Soft and fragrant cake with scented eggs, moderate salty taste with salted eggs, cheese, scrub ...
Address should try:
• Tiệm gốc electric pole: 17 Nguyễn Trường Tộ
• Ngoc Hiep Shop: 11 Do Chieu
• Tiệm Tấn Phát: 129 Lê Lai, Phường 3
To the sea can not help but enjoy seafood. Seafood in Vung Tau is also extremely diverse, from snail shops on the road, in the markets, to luxury shops overlooking the sea.
Address should try:
• Year of the Floor: A12 Nguyen Thai Hoc, Ward 7
• Seafood area behind the Imperial hotel
• Ganh Hao Seafood: 03 Tran Phu, Ward 5
• Co So grilled restaurant: 06 Tran Phu
As one of the most popular fish in the China Region, rays are loved because the meat is delicious but the price is affordable. A pot of stingray hotpot, eat with bamboo shoots and banana, which cost less than 200,000 VND, it is ideal to sip with friends.
Address should try:
• Hoang Minh Restaurant: 40 - 44 Truong Cong Dinh
• Quan Battle: 42 Nguyen Truong To, Ward 3
• Quan 7 Collection: 37 Nguyen Truong To, Ward 3
Salad of apricot fish
Fish salad is a popular dish of coastal cities but each place has its own way of processing. Vung Tau uses a clean, tough, meat and shellfish, mixed with hearing and spices such as garlic, lemon, and chili. The salad is eaten with raw vegetables, rolls of rice paper and dotted with the "esoteric" sauce of each restaurant.
Address should try:
• Mango Garden Restaurant: 34/5 Hoang Hoa Tham
• Quan Bay Chuyen: 33 Phan Boi Chau
• Vung Tau is always a hot tourist destination and is in a state of fire every holiday and Tet. You should reserve a hotel in Vung Tau on reputable websites to be more proactive for your trip.
• If you are not traveling with the tour group, you need to prepare a map to avoid getting lost. Ideally, before leaving the hotel, ask for a map at the reception or the hotel business card to facilitate the questioning.
• Should ask the price and agreement carefully before shopping or take a motorcycle taxi or cyclo to avoid being challenged.
• If traveling to Vung Tau during the rainy season, tourists should bring umbrellas and raincoats to avoid sudden rain.
• Prepare sunglasses, sunscreen and sports shoes to delight in going out on hot sunny days.
• It is recommended to check the weather forecast information to avoid going to Vung Tau on stormy days and rough seas.
In addition, Traveloka also has a full set of travel guides in Vung Tau