Zero HSE Compliance, negligence of maintenance endagering guest life
Needs audit Health Safety Environment (HSE) for Countrywoods Residences, with full address Jl. WR Supratman, Pd Ranji, Rengas, Jkt 15412.
Every year I rented a villa in Country Woods Residence, an annual gathering for my husband's martial art students. This year (2014) is the third year, we always do it at Countrywoods. The previous two years our gathering always run smoothly, and I am grateful for the facilities and satisfactory service provided.
On October 24 2014, I along with my family and about 20 students rented a villa of 4 rooms and given a villa with a house number 311. The villa has a home-like amenities, including a fully equipped kitchen with cookware and tableware.
During the day I was assisted by a maid to cook lunch for the students. All is safe. My son is also there, playing in the kitchen with me.
In the afternoon, when the gathering is in progress I went to the kitchen to boil water to make coffee. When I press the stove lighter it ignited an explosion that throws me hard against the back cupboards, and it also made the kitchen ceiling collapsed. I survived with bruising, bumps on the head and minor burns on the legs. I was immediately taken to find the closest clinic but couldn't find one, we stopped at the pharmacy to buy medicine for burns, bruises and pain relievers.
I and more than 20 witnesses can ensure that, it was not negligence on my side. No stove knob is rotated on. According to Countrywoods technicians that inspect the damage, there are leaks in the gas hose. The explosion is not too big because the kitchen has an opening to the patio and there is an exhaust fan in the ceiling. So the gas is spreading in wide area.
If I didn't brought the group of students, I would immediately leave their premises. But it was a difficult situation, my husband martial art association has contract with some schools and there are still guest of students parents coming in, so we stayed.
Representatives of Countrywoods that night provided me with a higher class villa and a basket of fruit, maybe as an apology for endangering my life and my entourage. We managed to ensure the gathering went smoothly that night until we checked out the next day.
What is very frowned upon regarding the management of Countrywoods are, on the night of the incident I had to ask to be moved they do not directly take the initiative to secure me and the group to another villa. No attention from them to make sure the treatment I have has been properly done and ensure my well-being. When I checked out they still have the heart to charge the price of mineral water of IDR 32,000. Then when I asked to meet Manager on Duty, a representative said that she, Ibu Endah her name the staff said, could not she was meeting other guest. My intention to meet Manager On Duty was not to ask for any compensation, I want to ensure that she understand how dangerous the Countrywoods negligence of safety and would like to ask a written statement that they would be more careful so it does not happen to other guests. But she was too busy, maybe tending another guest with as dire situation as mine.
This is not just a false acussation, I have prove of stay, pictures of wounds, and over 20 witnesses. Regrettably in the middle of the panic nobody took picture of the damaged kitchen before we moved to the other Villa.
Berlibur dengan teman - 29 Okt 2014