Beware - False marketing of this property as 4 star hotel, would be lucky to achieve 1 star
As I have not had a holiday in some time, I decided to pay more for luxury as advertised, expecting a high standard of accomodation, looking forward to a luxury villa as clearly marketed, clean and safe.
However, the accomodation was incredibly filthy, unmaintained and unsecure.
When checking into the hotel, even though a lovely outset, the following was visible right from the start:
- floors not mopped
- toilet was just inexcusable , feases all over toilet, urine on floor all around base of toilet - I called back reception and demanded nicely for them to clean it as I couldn't believe it
- windows fingerprints all over them
- kitchen filthy, surfaces unwiped, utensils in drawers had rat poo all over them, again, so disappointing and upsetting
- general maintenance was very poor, spa was not completely operative, fountains inactive, 1/2 the lights in the villa were blown,fountain in pool was Inoperative , next to spa, pond was rotten and absolutely stunk
- wooden slats around pool were all loose, und buckled where you needed to watch where you stepped as you thought you might fall through
- at this stage , I just thought I would bare it, as it was just for 2 nights
- the door to the villa was unsecure, 2 wooden flaps where a gentle push could open the wooden door, where reception gave me a padlock to lock it, not very comforting for a 4-5 star hotel where u expect basic things like security
- the final straw came when I opened up the bottom drawer in the kitchen, and a 30cm rat was in there !!! I couldn't believe it!
- but this stage, I gave up and let reception know again. I then took one of the girls through the villa and showed her my concerns, where by this time she already knew about the toilet, but took her through all maintainence and hygene issues as it was just filthy
- and to end, I asked her to open the bottom drawer in the kitchen, the rat was stil there and jumped out at her and we both screamed! She too could not believe this!
I then spoke to the other receptionist, where she called her manager who is in Melbourne currently, where they said they could not provide me with a refund, and to contact agora, with no apology which was surprising.
Even though the girls at reception were lovely, they agreed to my concerns ,but advised they could not do more. At this stage, I felt unsafe staying in an insecure, incredibly unhygienic property. Again, this was incredibly disappointing and was incredibly inconvenient as I now had to book another hotel, hence ware the additional costs of further transport. I then decided to check out.
On a security level, I was give nan old padlock to lock the rickety front door, not very reassuring!
It might seem I'm being picky,but please understand I am telling the truth, and would not want anybody else paying for a marketed 4-5 villa, where it would be lucky to achieve 1 star. But based on severe hygene, safety and maintenance concerns, in some countries it would not be legal to operate under these conditions.
I think Agoda should also look into this further as this is very concerning - this is false marketing.
I would sincerely hate this to happen to anybody else.
Even more disappointing, I am still waiting for the refund from Agoda, again beware of this booking engine which is a referred booking channel through hotels combined.
Wisata sendiri - 5 Apr 2016