KAI Train Travel Info
KAI Trains COVID-19 Regulation
PT KAI has regulated the travel requirements for KAI's long distance trains passengers in Java and Sumatra. Please see below for more information.
- Passengers must show a COVID-19 vaccine card/certificate (from SATUSEHAT App) confirming the administration.
- Passengers who have been vaccinated in 3 doses (booster), are not required to present a negative result of the PCR test when traveling.
- Passengers who have vaccinated for 1 dose or 2 doses are not allowed to travel domestically.
- Passengers aged 6-12 yearswho have not been vaccinated for certain reasons must have a certificate of not having received vaccinations from the Puskesmas/health service facility, or must be accompanied by parents/adults who have received complete vaccinations (Vaccine 1, vaccine 2, and booster 1) during the trip.
- Passengers aged 6-17 years who have been vaccinated in 2 doses, do not need to present rapid antigen test results or RT-PCR. For passengers aged 6-17 years with 1 dose vaccination, are not allowed to travel domestically, exception applies for passengers aged 6-17 years who have just come back from international destinations.
- Children under the age of 6 are allowed to board the train, exempted from vaccination and COVID-19 test requirements, but must be accompanied by their parent or travel companion that have met vaccination and COVID-19 test requirements and following strict health protocols.
- Passengers who are not / have not been vaccinated for medical reasons or comorbid, must present a statement from a specialist doctor of government hospital.
- Foreign Nationals (WNA) aged 18 years and above coming from outside Indonesia, must have been vaccinated in 2 doses when travel domestically in Indonesia.
- Passengers must use the Identification Number (NIK) when booking train tickets. Passengers who do not have an Identity Card (KTP) can use the NIK from the Family Card (KK).
- Passengers are expected to be in good health, which means they do not suffer from the flu, cold, cough, diarrhea, fever, nor experience loss of smell.
- Passengers must be in a healthy condition and are not suffering from the flu, cold, coughs, diarrhea, fever, and loss of smell. Their body temperature also must not exceed 37.3°C.
- Passengers must wear a three-layered cloth mask or a medical mask covering their nose and mouth.
- Passengers are recommended to wear modest clothing (e.g. a jacket or long-sleeve shirts).
- Change masks regularly every four hours, and dispose of waste masks in the space provided
- It is not allowed to speak during the trip, either one-way over the phone or having a conversation with another person.
- Passengers should stay away from the crowds and reduce mobility.
- Passengers should wash their hands with water or use hand sanitizer.
List of Stations That Provide Free Booster Vaccinations (As of 1 September 2022)
The requirements and locations for free booster vaccines can be checked on the official KAI website.
Detailed information regarding the list of stations that provide free booster vaccine services can be accessed through this page.
"For more information, you can contact the KAI Contact Center by phone at (021)121, WhatsApp 08111-2111-121, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or KAI121 social media."