The Philippines is one of the famous holiday destinations among the tourist. One of the most popular tourist destinations in the Philippines is Camiguin Island. Compare to other islands around the Philippines, Camiguin is one of the smallest islands yet packed with many attractions to be explored by the visitors. Surrounded by white-sand beaches, crystal blue sea and spectacular diving, Camiguin is a perfect getaway for those who want a little retreat from the bustling big cities.
The climate in Camiguin-Mambajao is tropical year-round with an average temperature of 29-35 degrees Celsius. Camiguin-Mambajao or Philippines has only two seasons which is wet and dry seasons where rainfall can be heavy during the wet or monsoon season and humidity during the hotter months can be high. The best time to visit Camiguin-Mambajao would be between December to February when the weather is warmer with occasional showers. During this season, the sun shines bright resulting clear skies with the winds blow gently suitable for outdoor activities. The off-peak season is between July to September where the climate during that season is unpredictable and typhoons can sometimes occur anytime. It is advisable for visitors to check the weather reports before going to this town. During this season you will find better flight tickets and hotel deals.
1. Bacolod – Silay Airport – It is the main airport that serves the general area of the Bacolod Metropolitan Area. It is just 15 kilometres northeast of Bacolod city. Since it is an international airport, Bacolod – Silay Airport is the busiest airport serving the Negros Island area. The airlines that operate in this airport is Cebu Pacific and Philippines Airlines, with the later provide an international route to Seoul, South Korea as its seasonal flights. Bacolod – Silay Airport has many interesting shops and eateries within the airport so you can shop or dine in while waiting for the plane to arrive or depart. To go in and out of the airport is easy because there are many types of transportation available in Bacolod – Silay Airport for the visitors.
2. Camiguin Airport – Camiguin Airport is a secondary domestic airport that connects the island of Camiguin with the outside world. The airport is located in Mambajao City on Camiguin Island, and it serves the general area of Mambajao. It is the only airport in this island. The airlines that operate in this airport is Cebu Pacific, SkyJet Airlines, and Philippine Airlines. The airport has many interesting shops and eateries within the airport so you can shop or dine in while waiting for the plane to arrive or depart. To go in and out of the airport is easy because there are many types of transportation available in Camiguin International Airport for the visitors.
Camiguin-Mambajao’s climate is under the hot sun for most of the time. Usually, it will be warm and sunny throughout the years with little rains except for typhoon season which the weather can be unpredictable with heavy rains and thunderstorm. The average maximum temperature in Camiguin-Mambajao is around 27 and 33 degree Celsius while the average minimum is about 20 and 24 degree Celsius. While around December to February will be the peak of seasons because it will be the warm and pleasant season of the year. If you plan to visit Camiguin-Mambajao during this season make sure you book your flight and hotel early as both fill up quickly.
1. Mantigue Island - Mantigue Island is one of the islands located in Camiguin. It is a must place to visit if you are looking for a new adventure. The island is surrounded by a sugar-white beach and crystal blue sea. If you love snorkeling and diving, this island is the best spot for you to do it. This island is home to more than 100 different species of fish and sea creatures including the colourful corals. Mantigue Island also has many best eateries. It is a food lover's paradise where you will be feast with an array of seafood like crabs, clams and lobsters on this island.
2. Katibawasan Falls - If you like adventure and trekking activity, you must come to Katibawasan Falls. It is one of the popular attractions in Camiguin. To reach the Katibawasan Falls, you need to walk through the challenging track that consist of dirt, slippery rocks and stony rivers. The moments after you reach the falls is truly rewarding as you can see the beautiful waterfalls and naturally round pool surrounded by the bedrocks and green forest. It is also a favourite swimming spot among the locals and tourist and it is best to immerse your body into the cold and refreshing water after a long day of trekking. For adventurers out there, Katibawasan Falls is an attraction that you cannot miss!
3. Kabila Giant Clam Sanctuary - Camiguin is lucky to be located along the magnificent beaches. One of the popular beaches in this island is Kabila Beach. It is a popular attraction for locals or tourist to gather and have a picnic. The main attractions for the beach are the Kabila Giant Clam Sanctuary. Kabila Giant Clam Conservation has a collection of over 2,500 colorful giant clams and it is the biggest clam sanctuary in the Philippines. You will be amazed by these beautiful and enormous clams from underwater. There are also smaller pools in this sanctuary where smaller clams are placed so they can reproduce. It is the right place if you want to learn more about the marine species on this island.