TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MUST BE READ BEFORE USING THE SITE. YOUR USE OF ANY PART OF THE SITE SHALL INDICATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
The www.traveloka.com site and apps (the "Site") are managed by Traveloka Group of Companies including its subsidiaries and affiliated companies ("We", "Us", "Our" or “Traveloka”). By accessing and/or using any part of the Site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood, and agree to the Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) and other terms and conditions in relation to the Site as referred to in these Terms, either expressly stated herein or stated outside these Terms but which otherwise provides references to these Terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, you may not access or use any part of the Site. These Terms constitute a binding legal agreement between you as a user (“You” or “User”) and Traveloka. You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to use the Site.
Please note that We may change, modify, add and delete these Terms at any time where this is necessary to comply with any law or regulation binding on us or to reflect a change to our operational practices, provided that We will use reasonable endeavours to provide notice of material changes on the Site. Please check these Terms regularly to ensure your compliance with the current version. By continuing to use any part of the Site after such changes to these Terms, You hereby agree and consent to these changes and its application to You.
If You use any of Our other services, your use of them is subject to the terms and conditions applicable to such services, which will be made available to you when you use those other services.
SCOPE OF OUR SERVICES
- Through the Site, Traveloka provides an online platform where you can browse and make reservation of different types of airlines, train and other transportation services, temporary accommodation and lodging (as applicable), event entrance tickets, tourist attraction entrance tickets, tour packages, prepaid credits, vouchers for prepaid sim-card, experiences and tours, culinary and grocery products, selected healthcare services, and other products or services, including use the available payment methods related thereto (“Services”). Users can make bookings of services provided by hotels, airlines, train or other transportation operators, events promoters, tourist attraction operators, travel agencies, telecommunication operators and/or any other service providers cooperating with Traveloka (“Vendors”) on the Site. By placing an order through the Site, you will be able to book and/or purchase the airline tickets, train or other transportation tickets, temporary accommodation and lodging (as applicable), event entrance tickets, tourist attraction entrance tickets, tour packages, prepaid credits, vouchers for prepaid sim-card, experiences and tours, culinary and grocery products, selected healthcare services, and other products or services. We will provide a booking confirmation via email and/or other available methods. We reserve the right to refuse the bookings that do not comply with these Terms and the prevailing laws and regulations.
- Although We will use Our expertise with caution in performing the Services, We do not verify, and do not guarantee, that all information provided by Vendors that is available on the Site is accurate, complete, correct or the latest available, and We are not responsible for any errors (including placement and typing errors), obstruction (either because of temporary and/or partial, damage, repair or improvement to the Site or otherwise), inaccurate, misleading or false information of Vendors or non-delivery of information by Vendors to Us. This includes any information displayed on the Site or Our other platforms supplied by the Vendors in relation to the products or services offered in the platform, including but not limited to type of aircraft or vehicles and its related facilities, seats arrangement, the distance between seats, the availability of inflight entertainment and WiFi, the availability of room facilities and amenities, the availability of certain rides, prices of the inventories or other information supplied by the Vendors from time to time.
- Changes in market conditions or circumstances that occur can lead to changes in a short time causing the information provided that is available on the Site to be inaccurate or not applicable. In case of any problems, please contact Traveloka’s Customer Service.
- In providing the Services We provide an online platform to connect You with Vendors. To the extent permitted by law, We are not responsible or liable for the acts or omissions of a Vendor, and You have sole responsibility for any obligations or liabilities to Vendors. We do not make any representations and should not be construed as making any recommendations or suggestions of the level of service quality or rating of the Vendors listed on the Site, and in no event shall We be responsible or liable for any information, content, products, services or other materials provided or made available by Vendors. Vendors may be introduced in the form of different classes based on factors including but not limited to their reviews, ratings or any other factors. The given rating is calculated based on automated algorithms that can be updated and changed as per Our discretion.
- To the extent permitted by law, We have the right to not accept any user or booking (or in certain cases cancel the booking confirmation) at Our sole discretion and for any cause without giving reasons for the rejection/refusal/cancellation. The reasons for rejecting a user or booking or cancelling a booking confirmation may include but are not limited to: breach of these Terms, trade or economic sanctions by global or national authorities, embargo, prohibitions in regulations, fraud or theft (or indication or suspicion of fraud or theft), suspicion of criminal activity, suspicious ordering, services not being available or no longer being made available by the Vendor, user providing inaccurate, erroneous or misleading information, problems with credit card electronic communications, information or transactions, inappropriate behavior, threats, insults, refusal to provide information, practical impediments, communication difficulties or breakdowns, a Real Mistake (hereinafter described below), history of breaches of these Terms, or being placed on any “black lists” or “watch lists” by governments or international organizations. Subject to the prevailing laws and regulations, We can at any time delete or remove the account of any user of the Site, including but not limited to the users engaging in the foregoing activities, either temporarily or permanently (“Removed Users”). Removed Users must not attempt to use the Site in any other name or through other users.
- In a particular case, We may cancel or reject reservations with respect to a "Real Mistake", which does not depend on where the error originated. A Real Mistake is a fault on the Site (for example, but not limited to, in terms of price) which no reasonable person would consider appropriate or to make business sense. The amount charged shall be reimbursed without further charges in such a case.
- Every payment related to the booking or reservation of the Services shall be made directly to Traveloka’s bank account or Traveloka payment channels. Except where Traveloka is required to hold such payments based on trust for the relevant Vendor pursuant to a separate agreement applicable to the relevant Vendor, all such payments will be the property of Traveloka and amounts will be due and payable to the relevant Vendor when the services to which a payment relates are provided or at any other applicable time required by the relevant Vendor. Traveloka shall not be responsible for the validity of the reservation, if the payment is not being made directly to Traveloka’s bank account or Traveloka payment channels.
- By making a booking, order or reservation through the Site, You accept and agree to the terms and conditions of applicable Vendors, including policies regarding cancellation and/or absence, or your specific requests which may be given to the Vendors. Traveloka is not responsible for any violation of these terms and conditions, or which are based on the User’s specific requests, so you shall ensure that you read the Vendors’ terms and conditions carefully before you make a booking, order or reservation through the Site.
- Regarding refunds, including by means of credit card chargeback, and subject to any applicable rights you may have at law, Traveloka may have the right to withhold or take part of the amount paid to reimburse the reasonable costs that have been incurred in connection with the cancellation.
- In the event of any special requests (for example, but without limitation: rooms to be easily accessible by wheelchair, wheelchair assistance for people with disabilities at the hotels or airplanes, change of name, change of date, adding “frequent flyer” points or equivalent, availability of the event’s seat tickets, special equipment/tools needed for the tour packages or equivalent), the User can insert the request when making a booking on the Site or contact the Vendor directly (as applicable). The request will be addressed at the Vendor’s and Traveloka’s discretion, based on availability and other factors. Your special requests may be subject to additional charges and/or fees by the relevant Vendor based on the discretion and/or policy of the relevant Vendor. Traveloka is not responsible for the availability and/or fulfilment of your special requests by the Vendor.
- In the event of changing booking details (including but not limited to changes of date, route and/or passenger) by the User, Traveloka reserves its rights to cancel any new bookings created through the changing process if the initial booking is no longer valid (including but not limited to instances where the ticket has actually been used or refunded).
- For any rescheduling and/or modification and/or reservation changes by Users (including but not limited to changes in dates, routes and/or passengers, flight class or room upgrades, additions/add-ons) made directly through to the airline and/or hotels and/or Vendors, Traveloka is not responsible directly or indirectly for matters relating to rescheduling and/or modifications and/or changes to your reservation, including but not limited to:
- updating the order page on the Site. and/or notify you of your modified or rescheduled or amended reservation and/or flight information directly through the airline and/or hotel and/or Vendor; or
- any loss, claim or any legal consequences arising from rescheduling and/or modification and/or changes to your reservation made directly through the airline and/or hotel and/or Vendor.
- By displaying particular destinations, Traveloka does not represent or warrant that travel to such destinations is advisable or risk-free and Traveloka is not liable for damages or losses that may result from travel to such destinations. Under no circumstances shall Traveloka be liable for any incidents occurring during your trip or your stay. You are personally responsible for the selection of travel, travel route and destination, for the entire duration of your trip. To the extent permitted by law, Traveloka is not responsible for any loss that occurs if you fail to bring the required travel documents, such as your passport, e-ticket, e-voucher, and any other reasons caused by your fault and/or negligence. Traveloka is also not responsible for any errors and/or omissions caused by the Vendor.
- Should you purchase roundtrip tickets under the same Airline Booking Code (Passenger Name Record, abbreviated as PNR), both the departure and return tickets must be used in full, as written in the itinerary of your Traveloka e-ticket. Use of (i) only the departure or the return ticket; or (ii) partial use of any segment of the roundtrip flight, may cause the other ticket to be invalid and not refundable. Traveloka will not be responsible for any consequence resulting from violation of these terms and conditions.
- You shall be solely responsible for obtaining, maintaining and having available for presentation, the proper and valid travel permits or foreign entry requirements (including, but not limited to, visas or other travel permits and documents, whether for transit or otherwise) applicable to you prior to finalizing your travel arrangements in accordance with the prevailing laws of the country you are traveling from, into, over or transiting in. Traveloka has no obligation and is not responsible for notifying you of the travel arrangements and permits necessary for you to be able to carry out your travel plans. In no event shall Traveloka be responsible or liable for any losses or damages arising out of or in relation to your travel permits.
- Ratings shown on the Site are only provided for the information of Users only, and existing ratings are based on information given by third parties such as Vendors, users or other review websites. We do not verify the rating given and are therefore not responsible for the accuracy of the existing rating, nor do the ratings constitute any endorsement (or otherwise) by us. In no event shall Traveloka be responsible or liable for any claims, losses or liability with respect to the ratings shown on the Site.
PRICE AND PROMOTION
- We may offer lower prices and/ or promotions from time to time. Please note that these may involve different conditions and requirements as it relates to booking and refund policies.
- If there is any promotion provided directly by a Vendor, then the rights and authority over the promotion will be fully under that Vendor’s separate terms and conditions and will not apply to the reservation conducted through Traveloka.
ADDITIONAL CHARGES & REFUNDS
- Each price listed on the Site is only available with certain conditions and these prices may change depending on multiple factors such as, but not limited to, the availability of booking, length of booking and/or other factors. Available prices can include additional taxes and other charges, but in certain circumstances it may not include taxes and other service charges (e.g., tips for tour guides, other facilities charges (if any), and other charges/fees which may arise from the use of services other than those provided by Traveloka (if any)). You agree that You are responsible for verifying the total cost to be paid and other terms and details when the confirmation email is sent. You must verify the booking on the booking sheet, and you may cancel the booking at any time before the final confirmation is done. Prices shown are detailed so that you can see the amount to be paid, any additional costs due to the use of credit cards or inter-bank fees charged for the shipping fees will be charged to you. If there is a discrepancy in the amount paid, Traveloka will provide an email notification of the amount to be paid by you. In the event that you cancel the booking before paying in full any existing shortcomings, Traveloka will have the rights either to refund the amount paid or, subject to any applicable laws, refund an amount reduced by the reasonable costs incurred by Traveloka as a result of the non-payment. If you have any questions about the Services, you can contact Traveloka customer service (during the operational hours of the customer services as determined by Traveloka). For any other cancellations, subject to any applicable laws, as well as Traveloka’s and the Vendor’s policy, Traveloka will first investigate and verify applicable booking prior to providing refunds of the same amount paid by You, less any applicable costs incurred by Traveloka, including however not limited to processing and administrative surcharges, inter-bank transfer fees, credit card fees etc. Upon successful verification by Traveloka, subject to the policy of the respective Vendor and the relevant laws and regulations, refunds may be offered to you in the form of cash or electronic vouchers (e.g., Traveloka Coupon, Traveloka Points, and/or Travel Voucher from the airline/Vendor). Traveloka will work with You to refund amounts already paid by You, reduced by the reasonable costs incurred by Traveloka (e.g., inter-bank transfer fees). Refunds may not be immediate depending on your initial mode of payment. Refunds will be made by means of credit card chargeback if this option is available and you request it.
- Refunds for bank transfer transactions will be refunded to payer’s account according to payment transfer made by You and/or to the bank account provided to Us through the payment refund form.
- Refunds for payment transactions using credit cards will be returned to the payer's credit card limit according to the time period determined by each bank.
- Refunds for payment transactions using UANGKU and Traveloka PayLater are subject to the following refund policy:
- You can contact Traveloka customer service for further details on the estimated duration for receiving your refund.
- Traveloka will not be responsible or liable for any issuance of e-tickets, e-vouchers, or other transactions that are aborted due to inaccurate amounts transferred by or payments that are not made through the official payment methods available on the Traveloka Site. Any transfers made beyond the time limit for transfers will result in the booking being cancelled. For real-time transfers between banks, you must use an ATM. After completing the interbank transfer, please confirm your payment by filling in the payment confirmation form.
ADDITIONAL CHARGES FROM HOTELS
- Please note that all prices for hotel reservations provided through Our Site (the “Hotel Prices”) are based on your selections, such as for the requested period of stay and number of guests, unless otherwise specified. Hotel Prices are quoted per room and per night, unless otherwise specified. You are responsible for verifying whether your selection and any additional requests or services are reflected in the price displayed on the Site (please refer to more details listed under "Hotel Information", "Requirements Booking", "Cancellation Policy" and otherwise, or similar headings on the Site) and/ or in the email-coupon confirmation. Breakfast is usually not included, unless otherwise stated. Hotel resort fees and other mandatory costs (see description below) and local taxes, tourist, or occupancy charges (if any) will be paid by you and are usually not considered in the Hotel Prices unless otherwise stated. You are responsible for verifying any explanations or policies provided by the hotel on the Site. Insurance of any kind is not included in the Hotel Prices, unless otherwise stated. The standard hotel room reservation is for one or two guests; an additional charge will usually be required for an extra bed. The hotel can refuse to accept additional guests if not notified in advance.
- Please note that some hotels may charge you a resort fee but may require additional charges (or the like) to use certain services. The resort fee is usually not included in the Hotel Prices; more details will be included in the hotel’s description on the Site. You may also be charged directly by the hotel for products and services including but not limited to: energy surcharge, baggage handling fees, the cost of delivery of newspapers, in-room security costs, travel/tour fees, or the cost for cleaning the rooms under extraordinary circumstances. This practice of additional hotel charges is beyond Traveloka’s control.
- Optional incidental expenses and personal consumption charges (such as those incurred during the Hotel stay) are not usually included in the Hotel Price. Such charges include but are not limited to: parking fees, in-room minibar charges, telephone charges, room service, food and beverage costs, special (gala) dinner costs, movie rentals/movies-on-demand, and internet usage costs. During certain peak holiday seasons, some hotels may make their special dinners compulsory (such as for the New Year, Christmas, Chinese New Year and other events). Such charges are not included in the room rate but will be displayed on the booking form. Please refer to more details listed under "Hotel Information", "Requirements Booking", "Cancellation Policy" and otherwise, or similar headings on the Site. If you are unsure whether or not a charge is included in the tariff, please contact Traveloka customer service to clarify.
- Certain hotels may add fees for transport or transfer to and from the airport. This is a common practice for travelling between islands (such as the Maldives), in order to reach the hotel. Such transportation is always governed by the hotel and is offered by or on behalf of the hotel, which is responsible for the transportation service. Traveloka does not arrange any transport and is not responsible for such transport service. You agree that Traveloka is not responsible for the quality, safety, frequency or service level of the transportation services, and for any loss or damage that may result from the use of such transportation services.
- In some jurisdictions, hotels may be required by law to directly collect occupancy tax or local city tax from guests. Government authorities may also declare additional taxes and may require the hotel to collect such taxes directly. You agree to pay any and all of such taxes/costs to the hotel directly upon checkout, unless otherwise specified. If you have any questions, please contact the hotel or Traveloka customer service regarding any additional costs that may be included in the Hotel Price.
- Only You can use your own account and You represent and warrant that you will not authorize any other party to use your identity or your account for any reason, unless permitted by Traveloka.
- You cannot assign or transfer your account to any other party.
- You must maintain the security and confidentiality of your account password and any identification We provide to you. In the event of any disclosure of your password, in any way whatsoever resulting in any unauthorized use of your account or identity, order(s) received from such unauthorized use shall still be considered as valid orders and We will process such order(s). Subject to any rights you may have at law, you hereby declare that Traveloka is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from the misuse of your account.
- If You no longer have control over your account, You are required to immediately notify us (e.g., without limitation: your account is hacked in any way, or your phone is stolen) so We can temporarily block and/or inactivate your account. Please note that You are responsible for your use of your account and may be liable for your account even if your account is misused by others.
- Traveloka has the full right to temporarily block, delete, or deactivate your account at our sole discretion and for any cause without giving reasons for blocking, deletion, or deactivation of your account provided that this will not affect our obligations to provide any Services that have been purchased by you prior to that time (unless We also cancel those Services as permitted by these Terms). The reasons for blocking, deletion, or deactivation of your account may include but are not limited to:
- breach of these Terms,
- prohibitions in law or regulations,
- fraud or theft (or indication or suspicion of fraud or theft),
- suspicion of criminal activity,
- suspicious ordering,
- you are providing inaccurate, erroneous or misleading information,
- your inappropriate behaviour, threats, or insults,
- refusal to provide information,
- practical impediments,
- communication difficulties or breakdowns, or
- you are listed on any “blacklists” or “watch lists” by governments or international organizations.
- By registering with Traveloka, You will automatically be a member of Our loyalty program named “Traveloka Points” managed by Traveloka.
- As a member of Traveloka Points, You will gain access to the points, promotions, discounts, features, or other benefits offered by Traveloka and/or third-party merchants as made available from time to time on the Site. For avoidance of any doubt, We may, to the extent permitted by law, from time-to-time change, remove, or make unavailable part or whole points, promotions, discounts, features, or other benefits offered by Us in accordance with applicable laws, provided that We provide reasonable notice of changes on the Sites.
- For full information regarding points and its qualification as well as its terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.traveloka.com/en/loyalty-points.
PAYMENT DETAILS AND PROCEDURES
- Payments are made in the amount and currency as stated, not including bank fees or any other charges by Traveloka.
- All forms of taxation and levies, in accordance with the provisions of the applicable tax laws and regulations, shall be borne by the User.
- For all forms of reservations, You must make payment within the specified time limit. If the payment is not made, then Traveloka reserves the right to cancel all reservations or to disregard the reservations process.
- Payment methods include but are not limited to bank transfer and credit card. For payment by bank transfer, you must provide the bank transfer receipt as proof of payment of reservations listed in the Traveloka confirmation email. You must follow the procedures contained in the confirmation email.
- For other payment methods such as credit card, you must follow the procedures stated by Traveloka and/or the relevant payment service provider.
- After You make full payment, Traveloka will place the order and issue a reservation code, which will be accompanied by:
- Booking Code;
- Customer Name;
- Number Booking;
- Booking Details; and
- Phone Number/Extension.
PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD & FRAUD
- For payment of bookings placed through the Site, your credit card will be billed by Traveloka for the full price at the time of booking and confirmation of the booking (any refund that may be given will depend on the conditions of the existing reservations). You must check the booking details thoroughly each time before You make a reservation. For certain reservations, you may have to pay the Vendor directly. In order to safeguard and encrypt your credit card information when in transit to us, We may use encryption technology such as Transport Layer Security (TLS) or Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure the integrity of your information.
- In the case of credit card fraud or unauthorized use of your credit card by a third party, You must contact your bank or card issuer immediately after realizing such unauthorized use. In such a case, Traveloka has no responsibility over any case of credit card fraud or unauthorized use of your credit card by a third party, regardless of whether such fraud or unauthorized use was carried out through Traveloka services (including, but not limited to, TravelokaPay), other than where this arose from the fraud or actually proven to be any deliberate act or mistake from Traveloka. Except as otherwise provided by law, Traveloka is not obliged to make refunds or repayments to You as a result of such fraud. As part of Our goodwill, We may provide a form of compensation to You subject to review and approval by Us. You shall only be eligible to request compensation only if such reservations have been made through Our secure servers and the fraud or unauthorized use of your credit card is a result of Our default or negligence and through no fault of your own while using the secure server or You are otherwise entitled by law to be compensated. We accept no liability of the fraud or unauthorized use of your credit card if it was done through applications or servers other than Our own or if it is as a result of a fault or negligence of your own. If You suspect any unauthorized reservations or fraud committed on Traveloka, You must contact Traveloka customer service immediately.
- To make a reservation You must be aged over eighteen (18) years old and have full legal capacity to make the transaction (or have authorization from your legal guardian). You must use a credit or debit card that you own, issued in your name, and make sure that there are sufficient funds to cover the transaction costs. Any fees incurred by You for authorizing a transaction that results in an over-drawing of your account are not the responsibility of Traveloka.
- You shall ensure that the details You provide to us are completely accurate. Traveloka reserves the right to not accept certain credit cards. Traveloka can add or remove other payment methods at Our sole discretion.
- In certain cases, We may require additional information or verification to validate and confirm the booking, as described in more detail on the Site. Reservations are not confirmed until You have received a confirmation email with an e-ticket or voucher and there is the possibility that the Vendor can implement fraud examination mechanisms during the booking process. If fraud occurs or is determined to occur, then the booking will be void. Traveloka shall not bear any responsibility for such cancellations by the Vendor. If You choose not to submit additional information, reservations will not be completed and will be voided.
RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- Traveloka hereby grants the user certain limited rights (constituting a “Limited Licence”), which cannot be transferred or assigned, to access and use the Site to the extent expressly permitted by these Terms. In connection with this Limited Licence, We are not granting You any other rights or licences with respect to use of the Site; rights or licenses not expressly granted, are reserved by Traveloka or other third-party owners of such licence. Content available on the Site, including any information, data, text, images, sound, graphics, video, messages, reviews, or other materials, including the software infrastructure used to provide the content (the “Content”), is wholly owned by Traveloka or its suppliers and service providers, including but not limited to the Vendors (as applicable). You can use the Site to place orders and You hereby guarantee that You will not submit false reservation requests. You hereby declare to ensure that the payment information You provide is accurate. You also guarantee providing an accurate email and mailing address as well as other details of your contact information.
- With regard to the Terms of the Site, You agree not to use the Site or the Content for commercial purposes or either directly or indirectly for other than personal use or for unlawful purposes (prohibited by law) or do any acts that violate these Terms. Except with the written consent of Traveloka, You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative creations from, transfer, sell or re-sell any information, software, products or services obtained in connection with the Site. In addition, You agree not to:
- use the Site or the Content for commercial purposes without permission from Traveloka;
- access, monitor or copy any Content on the Site using technology, software, or any program either manually or automatically for any purpose without written permission from Traveloka;
- perform any action that imposes or may impose, an unreasonable burden on the Site or Site infrastructure;
- make a major link to the Site (including but not limited to the booking path) for any purpose without the written consent from Traveloka;
- resell, use, copy, perform surveillance (such as using or installing spider or scrape programs), display, download or perform any Content production, software, products, services available through the Site for commercial purposes or objectives/activities of competition;
- reproduce the Site (through a "frame" or "mirror") or set up a part of the Site on any other website without prior written consent;
- send or store any material to or through the Site that violates any law, regulation, or rules, or which can support unlawful or criminal activities;
- send or provide links to or send announcements that contain material that can be considered harmful, obscene, pornographic, obscene, violent, racist, or constitutes discrimination, insults, threats, pleasure, hatred or other objectionable material, in accordance with Traveloka’s discretion;
- send or provide a link to any announcement that contains defamatory language, slander, and lies;
- send spam or other unsolicited messages or otherwise cause nuisance, annoyance or inconvenience;
- send or store any material that may infringe upon the intellectual property or other rights of a particular entity or person, including but not limited to copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, confidential information or publications;
- send or store any material where prohibited by applicable law or violate the rights and obligations that exist based on the contractual relationship;
- send or store any material containing software viruses, worms, trojan horses or other harmful computer code;
- impersonate any person or group, or misrepresent or misrepresent any person or entity to a relationship or assume an identity for the purpose of misleading or deceiving;
- manipulate or falsify information with the aim to disguise the origin of statements provided;
- use the Site in any manner which could damage, disable, obstruct, or interfere with the use of the Site or other users of computer equipment, or cause damage, disruption or limit the functionality of the software, hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- gain unauthorized access or perform unauthorized modification to the Site or other related website, other accounts, computer systems, networks connected to the Site through hacking, password theft or other similar matters;
- obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information by ways that are not intentionally supplied by the Site (including but not limited to other destinations provided by the Site). This includes but is not limited to, obtaining or collecting information about others such as email addresses;
- engage in fraudulent acts or actions that aim to manipulate a search engine results page (SERP) or perform search engine optimization (“SEO”). SEO practices considered unethical or to constitute "spamdexing" include but are not limited to cloaking, metadata, title tags, content scraping, link schemes, google bomb, search keywords, hidden text or hidden links, link schemes, comments containing spam and other matters;
- any other action which may adversely affect or result in damage to the Site, Traveloka or its affiliates and employees, or Traveloka’s reputation;
- modify or make derivative works based on the Site and/or the Services, or reverse engineer or access the underlying software for any reason; or
- use the Site to build a competitive product or service.
- Unless expressly provided otherwise, any website is not permitted to link to pages other than the main page of the Site or the frames or web pages or materials contained therein, or to link to aspects of the Site in the form of emails for commercial purposes without the express written consent of Traveloka.
- By placing an order through the Site, You hereby represent and warrant that You are not suspected and/or involve and/or subject to any prohibitions or restrictions by any sanctions program, or subject to any penalties under any anti-money laundering and terrorism financing regime.
RIGHTS TO USER CONTENT
- By completing a booking, You hereby agree to receive electronic mail containing an invitation to provide reviews or content reviews with respect to the selection of Vendors. Traveloka has sole discretion whether your review will appear on the Site. Traveloka can display the review, which may contain comments, level of service and your name.
- Users have the right to provide reviews that may contain media (photos and/or videos) in connection with the selection of Vendors. By doing so, You hereby agree to abide by the terms and conditions set out in this section.
- In providing a review that may or may not contain media (photos and/or videos), You agree to ensure that:
- You own and control all of the rights to the reviews that you provide to the Site;
- You grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, sub-licensable and transferable license to use your reviews, including all intellectual property rights therein, in connection with Our business operations including the operation and management of the Site;
- the content of the review is accurate and contains no misrepresentations;
- the use or performance or transmission of the content of the review does not violate these Terms or applicable laws and regulations, You are not violating any third party’s rights, and you are not causing injury to any party; and
- You must bear all responsibility for the content of the reviews that You provide or submit.
- Reviews provided by You will be deemed to not contain confidential information and Traveloka shall have no obligation to treat any review as confidential information. Without limiting the other provisions contained in these Terms, Traveloka has sole discretion to use reviews as deemed appropriate including but not limited to removing, cutting, modifying, or otherwise editing the review. Traveloka shall have no obligation to pay for the content that you submit in a review, including but not limited to content review that has been changed, eliminated or cut. Traveloka shall have no obligation to provide or include or mention authors or other third parties.
- In any case, You hereby agree that with respect to the content of your reviews:
- You do not require any attribution or identification on any derivative works;
- You consent that all content of reviews submitted to Traveloka may be used by Traveloka and its employees, successors, and transfer recipients in any way, at any time. This includes but is not limited to publishing and reproduction of the review;
- You hereby waive all rights and agree not to claim any rights in any review; and
- You hereby indemnify and hold harmless Traveloka and its employees, affiliates, rights holders, reimbursement, and designation of any claims in relation to the content of the review.
RESTRICTIONS OF USE
- You hereby agree not to use the Site or the Content for any unauthorized or unlawful activities. You agree that you will not use any equipment, software, or other technology that may hinder or attempt to hinder the operation of this Site. You agree not to use this Site or its Content for commercial purposes. You agree not to attempt, create, search, use or transmit any automated means or other forms of technology to collect or obtain information from this Site, or any other means of interacting with this Site.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- All intellectual property rights (“Intellectual Property Rights”), including but not limited to copyright, patents, domain names, trademarks, service marks, logos, symbols or other designs etc., in Content on the Site are owned by Traveloka and its affiliates or by the Vendors or other third parties that Traveloka has a commercial arrangement with. All information and materials, including but not limited to: software, text, data, graphics, images, sounds, videos, trademarks, logos, icons, html codes and other codes on the Site are prohibited to be published, modified, copied, reproduced, duplicated or altered in any way outside the area of the Site without the express written permission of Traveloka. If you violate these rights, Traveloka reserves the right to bring a civil claim(s) for the full amount of damages or losses suffered. These violations may also constitute criminal offences.
- Traveloka and/or its affiliates are the owners of certain Intellectual Property Rights. Except as expressly set out in these Terms, nothing in these Terms shall be construed as granting you a licence or any rights, implied or otherwise, to use, possess, distribute or modify any of Traveloka’s Intellectual Property Rights. Other product and company names contained on the Site, including names, trademarks, marks, service marks, logos, symbols or other designs may be owned or licensed for use by third parties. Use of third-party Intellectual Property Rights on the Site is not considered a recommendation or sponsorship for the Site by third parties. Traveloka owns copyright to the Site, and you must not use, possess, distribute or modify any of the Intellectual Property Rights owned by Traveloka and its affiliates without express approval from Traveloka.
- This Site contains Traveloka Intellectual Property, including but not limited to text, software, photos, graphics, videos, music and sound. All Content on this Site is protected by copyright laws and other relevant regulations related to intellectual property. We and Our licensors reserve the right and/or other rights to the selection, coordination, regulation and improvement of the Content and the original content. You may not modify, only produce, exploit, perform, display, publish, or otherwise exploit the Content, in whole or in part, unless expressly stated in these Terms.
- The whole of the Content is protected by copyright laws and other relevant regulations related to intellectual property. We and Our licensors own the copyright and/or other rights over the selection, coordination, arrangement, and repair of the Content and the original content. You must not modify, reproduce, copy, perform, display, publish, or exploit the Content, in whole or in part, unless You have express written consent from Traveloka.
- Unless otherwise specified, the software required for the provision of services, the software available for use on this Site, and Intellectual Property Rights in the Content on the Site are owned by Traveloka, its affiliates or related companies, licensors, suppliers and content providers. Traveloka will not be responsible for intellectual property owned by third parties or for infringement of intellectual property rights owned by third parties.
- You can use the information on the Site only for personal, non-commercial use. Unless specified otherwise, and expressly permitted by the copyright laws, You may not copy, reproduce, redistribute, retransmit, publish or otherwise commercially exploit any downloads you make from the Site without the permission of the owner of the Intellectual Property Rights. Even if you obtain the necessary permission, you must not make changes or deletions. You hereby accept and agree that downloading any Content does not grant you any Intellectual Property Rights in that Content.
- Traveloka in making the Site, preparing the source code and performing software support, can license the use of open-source software from third parties through the GNU General Public Licence (GPL), Any use by Traveloka of open-source software and the Intellectual Property Rights of a third party are with the necessary licences or permits.
CLAIMS OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS INFRINGEMENT
- If there is evidence of violations of your Intellectual Property Rights, you or your representative (collectively, the "Sender") may send a notice containing the following details listed below:
- Name and address of the Sender;
- In case the Sender is not the owner of the Intellectual Property Rights or license exclusive then it must include the name and address of the owner of the Intellectual Property Rights;
- In case the Sender’s address is not in Indonesia, the Sender shall provide a temporary address in Indonesia;
- Sender’s telephone number, facsimile (if any) and electronic mail address;
- Sufficient details so as to prove the existence of intellectual property rights violations, including online addresses of electronic copies;
- Sender’s request to remove or disable access to the infringing electronic copy or version;
- A statement that the Sender in good faith recognizes the violations as identified in this Clause;
- A statement that the information provided in the notice is accurate;
- A statement that the Sender (a) is the owner or exclusive holder of the intellectual property rights that are being violated; or (b) has the legal authority to act on the owner or exclusive holder's behalf; and
- The statement that the Sender subjects to Indonesian law and that all claims, disputes, controversies or differences arising out of intellectual property rights infringement shall first be discuss in good faith to reach an amicable resolution within sixty (60) days from the date of the notice of dispute. However, if such dispute may not be settled by mutual consultation within sixty (60) days, it shall be referred to and finally resolved through arbitration in Badan Arbitrase Nasional Indonesia (BANI). The seat of the arbitration shall be in Indonesia.
- The letter must be signed by the sender and delivered physically and via email to the following address:
Traveloka Campus, South Tower, Green Office Park 1 Lantai 2 Zone 10, Jl. Grand Boulevard BSD Green Office Park No. 1, Sampora, Cisauk, Kabupaten Tangerang
- We will review and handle notifications in accordance with the above requirements and in accordance with Indonesian law.
- You agree not to hold Traveloka responsible for losses or damages that may occur as a result of fraud, forgery or false accusations of intellectual property rights infringement.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU HEREBY DECLARE TO AND AGREE THAT, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW:
- THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT OF THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WE HEREBY EXPRESSLY STATE THAT WE DO NOT MAKE ANY KIND OF GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITH RESPECT TO THE MERCHANTABILITY OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE, OR SUITABILITY OF THE SERVICES WE PROVIDE FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND AGAINST NON-INFRINGEMENT WHERE APPLICABLE;
- WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT: (i) THE FUNCTIONS, SERVICES AND SECURITY FEATURES PROVIDED IN THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE FROM ERROR; (ii) ERRORS OR FAILURE WILL BE REPAIRED; OR (iii) THE SITE OR THE SERVER PROVIDE SERVICES THAT ARE FREE FROM VIRUSES, MALWARE OR HARMFUL COMPONENTS;
- WE DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, AUTHENTICITY, INTEGRITY OR QUALITY OF THE CONTENT, SITES OR RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO AND FROM THE SITE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY GUARANTEE THAT THE CONTENT, SITES OR RESOURCES ARE FREE FROM SOURCE MATERIAL THAT IS MALICIOUS, INDECENT, OR CONTROVERSIAL;
- WE DO NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT YOU WILL BE GRANTED VALID TRAVEL PERMITS APPLICABLE TO YOU. WE DO NOT HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY TO NOTIFY YOU OR INDEMNIFY YOU IN THE EVENT THAT YOU SUFFER LOSSES OR DAMAGES RELATING TO YOUR LACK OF VISA OR TRAVEL PERMITS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, REFUSAL OF ENTRY TO A COUNTRY, DEPORTATION);
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK. YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME SUCH RISK, AND YOU WILL BE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR IN RELATION TO SUCH MATERIAL, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIALS THAT ARE PROVIDED; AND
- WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO WHAT IS SET FORTH IN THE TERMS, EACH PARTY'S LIABILITY IS LIMITED AND EXCLUDE TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SUCH AS FOR PERSONAL INJURY AND DEATH. WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, RESULTING FROM OR CONNECTION TO YOUR USE OF THIS SITE OR USE OF LINKS ON THE SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR OTHER ECONOMIC LOSS, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR. THE ONLY REMEDY AVAILABLE TO YOU IS TERMINATION OF USE OF THIS SITE.
- You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Traveloka and its employees, affiliates, staff and partners, from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damage or loss including legal fees, which arise as a result of claims of third parties in connection with: (a) your use of the Site; (b) Content that is given, provided or accessed through this Site; (c) your violation of the Terms; (d) violation of any other rights or obligations; and/or (e) any act or omission by you, whether negligent, unlawful or otherwise.
THIRD PARTY’S LINKS AND CONTENT
- We may provide links to other sites managed by other parties (including but not limited to the links on which you may enter into and/or settle certain transactions), by clicking the link, you hereby represent, acknowledge and agree that such action is your voluntary action to view or visit other sites.
- We do not control those sites or links to websites operated by parties other than Traveloka and are not responsible for the content or privacy or other activities of such sites.
- We, or other third parties, may upload automated search results or provide links to other sites. We provide opportunities for third parties to deliver, load, transmit or otherwise make available Content.
- We do not review and/or do not have control over the site, source, and such Content. You agree that We are not responsible for the content or the availability of such sites and resources, and We do not endorse or recommend and are not responsible for the origin of such other sites or Content.
- You hereby agree to release Us from and against any and all liabilities, expenses, loss, or damage, directly or indirectly caused or allegedly caused by or in connection with the use of or account for such Content, site or resource.
- Traveloka has sole and full discretion to change, postpone, discontinue or stop the Site and/or part of the Site, including any Services, and/ or usage of the Site, or part thereof, at any time for any reason without prior notification to You.
- In the event of termination, both you and Traveloka remain bound by the obligations in these Terms, including but not limited to the warranties, indemnification, waiver and limitation of liabilities that you have agreed to, in relation to any Services that have been provided to you, but which have not been fully provided as at the date of the termination.
- Traveloka shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination or suspension of your access to the Site.
- These Terms (and any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms (including any alleged breach or challenge to the validity or enforceability of these Terms)) shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance solely with the Laws of Republic of Indonesia.
- Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Services, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, both parties shall first discuss in good faith to reach an amicable resolution within sixty (60) days from the date of the notice of dispute. However, if such dispute may not be settled by mutual consultation within sixty (60) days, it shall be referred to and finally resolved through arbitration in Badan Arbitrase Nasional Indonesia (BANI). The seat of the arbitration shall be in Indonesia.
- The provisions contained in these Terms and any agreements and policies included or referenced in these Terms constitute the entire agreement and understanding between the parties with respect to the Service and the Site and supersede any prior agreements or understandings between the parties in relation thereto. The parties hereby also exclude all implied terms. In entering into an agreement formed by these Terms, the parties do not rely on any information, representation, warranty, understanding, undertaking, promise or guarantee other than as expressly provided for in these Terms.
- If you use the Site for or on behalf of a third-party, such as a family member or a traveling companion, then the Third Party is deemed to have agreed and bound itself to all the provisions contained in these Terms. You are responsible for any error in the accuracy of information provided in connection with such use. In addition, you must inform the third-party of all applicable terms and conditions. When using the Site for or on behalf of a third-party, you agree to indemnify and hold Traveloka harmless from and against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, suits and claims including legal fees, arising from or connected to the breach of these Terms or negligence by you and/or the third-party. All forms of loss or loss or claims submitted by third parties related to the Service and/or the Site will be resolved based on the provisions contained in these Terms.
- These Terms are drawn up in Indonesian language and English language. In case of conflict between the Indonesian language version and the English language version, the Indonesian language version shall prevail.
- In the event that any provision in this Term is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions. The severed provision shall be replaced by a provision approximating as much as possible the original wording and intent.
- Failure by either party to enforce any provision of these Terms at any time shall not be construed as a waiver of each party’s rights in the future to enforce such provision or any other provision in these Terms unless such provision is waived in writing.
- You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms, without Our prior written consent.
- Traveloka may transfer, sublicense or transfer any rights granted to Traveloka or subcontract any of Traveloka's obligations in providing services on the Site. Except where expressly stated, nothing in these Terms is intended to grant to any third party any right to enforce any term or to confer on any third party any benefits under these Terms.
- Notices given pursuant to these Terms shall be deemed sufficiently given if they are in writing and forwarded by registered post or recorded delivery service or equivalent to either Party (at Our registered address, or otherwise notified).Traveloka may give notice to you by means of a general notice published on the Site or to your email address set out in your account. You must give notice to Traveloka by registered post or recorded delivery service or equivalent to either Party (at our registered address, or otherwise notified).
- By using Our Services, You acknowledge that We may need to be subject to additional terms and conditions made by Our suppliers that may apply to certain products. In particular for certain hotel products provided by EAN.com L.P. (“EAN”), you agree that you will be subject to the applicable EAN terms and conditions as set out at http://developer.ean.com/terms/en/
- You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes, regulations and codes, including any amendments thereto (if any), for transactions that you do with Traveloka, including any provisions related to anti-bribery and anti-corruption.
- Traveloka shall not be liable for any non-performance or violation of these Terms, such as for transaction failure, restricted access to the Site, or any damage or harm to users caused by any act or condition beyond the reasonable control of either you or us (“Force Majeure Event”). Force Majeure Events include but are not limited to natural disaster (floods, earthquakes), epidemic, riot, a declaration of war, war, military action, terrorist action, embargo, sanctions, changes in laws or regulations, lightning, hurricanes/typhoons/cyclones, labor strikes, demonstrations, airline or hotel bankruptcy or insolvency, and cyber-attacks.
- Traveloka will not be responsible for any damage or loss caused in any way to any party if Traveloka is unable to process your order due to a Force Majeure Event.
CONSUMER COMPLAINT SERVICE
- If You have a complaint related to this Site, You can contact the following number:
Directorate General of Consumer Protection and Trade Compliance, Ministry of Trade of the Republic of Indonesia
WhatsApp No: +62853-1111-1010
TRAVELOKA – FAQS
- If you have any further questions, please refer to the FAQs.