Worst hotel experience ever
1. The nightmare began right after we took a cab from the airport. Neither people at the airport or the cab driver knew where the hotel was.
2. After reaching Kuah town, we were going in circles. Tried calling the hotel a few times, but no one picked up. Sometime later, the owner returned our call and gave directions, after which we were lost again, and finally the owner met us near a landmark and brought us to the hotel (about 1 1/2 hours after we had landed!).
3. The hotel was fairly near the town (about 500m maybe), but was so secluded, no one would know of its existence.
4. We were told that our booking wasn't recorded in the system, and that they were fully booked! They did however offer an alternative - Peach Blossom Village 2, which we happily agreed to.
5. Peach Blossom Village 2 was located above a row of shop lots (again, without any signboard or whatsoever) approximately 1km from the town. Along the way, he was blaming Agoda for not properly informing the users that the hotel was fully booked.
6. The owner didn't come up to the “hotel”. Our jaws dropped when we got into the room that was given. It was barely 10ft x 10ft, had no windows, had 2 queen beds + 1 mattress on the floor, and a huge bathroom that had a 5W bulb that barely lit anything. To top it all, the room smelt of construction site - cement, plaster and paint. Being a family, we barely had any space to unpack our luggage or move around. It was the opposite of what I had booked for - a spacious Suite with 3 queen beds, a sofa, window, etc. There was no ventilation in the bathroom, so both the good and bad smell came right into the room! It was more of a lodge than a hotel and the room felt like a prison. No wifi and thanks to enclosure, no proper telco reception too.
7. There was no reception, so there was no one to complaint to or make requests. The beds were hard and the pillows were flat. We left Langkawi with stiff necks and backaches thanks to the “hotel” room.
Family - Dec 10, 2013