Flights to Melbourne, AustraliaMelbourne is the second most populous cities after Sydney in Australia. There are many foreign visitors like to come to this city and also the majority of the visitors intend to migrate to this city. This city is known as the liveable city in the world. It has cultural diversity, a few botanic gardens, dining options and street arts to offer to the visitors.
Airports in Melbourne
1. Melbourne AirportMelbourne Airport is the main airport in the city of Melbourne. It has replaced the Essendon Airport in 1970 and currently rank as the second busiest airport in Australia. This airport has four terminals. The terminals consist of one international terminal, two domestic terminals and one domestic budget terminal. It is located about 24 minutes away by riding a taxi to the city centre. For the visitors who choose to take Grab car or taxi, the fare is in between A$ 55 and A$ 65 which convert to Malaysian Ringgit will be around RM 163.30 to RM 192.99.
2. Avalon AirportBesides Melbourne Airport, Avalon Airport is also an international airport. This airport receives international and domestic flights such as Jetstar Airways and AirAsia X. The distance between Avalon Airport and the city is about 55.4 kilometres. The visitors can easily get a taxi at the airport entrance. By taking a taxi ride, the journey is approximately about 45 minutes according to the traffic condition. The taxi fare will be around A$ 70 which cost about RM 207.84.
How to Get Cheap Flights to Melbourne?
Traveloka is a travel website and an application that makes it convenient for travellers to search for the most affordable flights to Melbourne. All you need to do is key in the information in the search box, and the application will recommend the best trip according to your budget. It compares flight costs across some trustworthy airlines to assist you to urge the simplest doable deal. Use Traveloka’s price alert feature to be notified of flights in your desired price range to get the best flight cost to Melbourne.
When is the Best Time to Fly to Melbourne?
The peak season in Melbourne is during the summer season from December to March, spring season from September to November and autumn season from March to May. Melbourne’s off-peak season will be around June to August which is the winter season. Melbourne does not receive many visitors during the winter season because it is difficult for visitors to travel around the city. The visitors who prefer to travel during the peak season but they need to be aware that the cost of accommodation and flight ticket will be more expensive. Nevertheless, the visitors can conveniently explore many outdoor places during summer. The visitors can also visit during spring or autumn since the weather is pleasant. The climate in Melbourne is a temperate oceanic climate which Melbourne’s weather will keep changing. There will be heavy rains and temperature will drop slightly at that time. Melbourne celebrates multiracial celebration such as Chinese New Year, Buddha’s Day, Mexican Festival, Japanese Summer Festival and many more. The visitors can experience witnessing the cultural performance depends their trip falls on which festivals. The visitors can also learn more about the ritual activities performed by the locals.
What are the Top 3 Things to do in Melbourne?
1. Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria - Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria is one of the popular destinations to visit among locals and foreign visitors. It has received over 1800000 visitors annually. This garden’s area is over 36 hectares, and it houses over 50000 rare and dangerous species of plants. There is also the Children’s Garden where the children can crawl under the plant tunnels, climbing on rocks and play at the bamboo forest. This garden is also a venue for weddings and outdoor events.
2. Oueen Victoria Market - Queen Victoria Market is the largest market in Melbourne. It started to operate since the 19th century. There are over 700 stalls that sell fresh foods, clothes, handicrafts and souvenirs. The visitors are advised to take the Ultimate Foodie Tour. There will be a tour guide that will bring them to explore around the market while explaining the market’s history and finding unique ingredients.
3. National Gallery of Victoria - National Gallery of Victoria is the oldest museum in Australia. It is also the most visited art museum among other art museums in Australia. The visitors can see collections of European, American, Asian and Oceanic arts being displayed by this museum. This museum has also organised a few exhibitions, children programs, performances and many more to their visitors.
Domestic & International Airline Partners
We are partnering with various airlines across the globe to get you to wherever you need to be.
We are partnering with the most reliable payment service providers to make sure every transaction is smooth and worry-free!
More Xperience in Melbourne