Looking for a fun family attraction? Taronga Zoo, Sydney is your perfect destination. Opened all the way back in the year 1916, Taronga Zoo is one of the oldest zoos in Australia, making it one of the must-visit spots while in Sydney. Within the 28 hectares of land, Taronga Zoo is home to over 4,000 animals from more than 300 species, with a diverse collection of native animals and exotic species that you have got to see. Both kids and adults will learn a lot about animals and the environment with fun activities, from feeding the animals, outbound, and more!
Make your travel even more pleasant with a ferry ride from Circular Quay or Darling Harbor, accompanied by a view of Sydney Cove, the Harbour Bridge, and the Opera House. You will also get to ride on the Sky Safari Cable Car from the wharf to Taronga Zoo!
The view of Sydney Opera House will accompany you as you make your way to Taronga Zoo!
Look at these little tiger cubs! Aren't they adorable?
Get closer to the animals as you're feeding them
Do you want to meet these cute koalas up close?
Let's ride the Sky Safari Cable Car and enjoy the view!
Circular Quay, Alfred St, Stand B: take any bus heading for Circular Quay, Alfred St, Stand B, and continue to walk for about 1 min towards the wharf.
Circular Quay Station: take any train heading for Circular Quay station, and continue to walk for about 2 mins towards the wharf.
- The Sky Safari will be closed for maintenance from Monday 24th to Friday 28th August. It will re-open for the weekend of Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th. It will then close for further maintenance from Monday 31st August to Friday 4th September. You can enter the Zoo via the lower shop entrance.
- Alternatively State Transit buses will meet every ferry to take guests to the top entrance
Taronga Zoo Opening Times:
Open from 9:30am to 5pm (September - April) and 9:30am to 4:30pm (May - August)
Ferries depart every 45 minutes from Circular Quay & Darling Harbour
- Darling Harbour to Taronga Zoo
09:15, 09:30, 10:30, 17:40
- Circular Quay to Taronga Zoo
09:30, 09:45, 10:00, 10:50, 11:10, 11:40, 12:00, 12:15, 12:40, 13:20, 13:40, 14:25, 14:55, 15:20, 16:00, 16:30, 17:05, 17:20: 17:45
- From Taronga Zoo
09:45, 10:15, 11:05, 11:25, 12:00, 12:25, 12:30, 13:00, 13:05, 13:25, 13:35, 14:00, 14:10, 14:35, 15:05, 15:40, 16:15, 16:50, 17:05
- All tickets purchased together must be used at the same time
Bradleys Head Rd, Mosman NSW 2088, Australia.