About 45 minutes away from Kota Belud, sits the beautiful Mantanani Island, popular among the locals and tourists for its beauty. Another reason why this island garners attention is beacuse it is one of the best site to snorkel and scuba diving in Kota Kinabalu. Here, you can discover the excitement of scuba diving in its crystal clear waters. Don't worry if you're a beginner because lessons are provided. You can also see the beautiful coral reefs and amazing marine life when you snorkel by the beach. Feel the cool breeze when you walk along the white beach and just relax yourself. Come along on this trip for a short escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Please notify if you are a qualified diver with certification. Bring along your logbook and diver certification card for Leisure Dive.
- Participant must be physically fit as this tour is for those who love adventure.
- Liability Release Form MUST be signed and understood by the participant before the tour commences.
- Age limit for diving is 18 years old and above.
- A free diving lesson will be given to those who cannot swim.
- You might get wet during the boat journey, so please be sure to pack and keep your belongings properly during the journey. Dry bags or raincoat for waterproofing are recommended.
- Please change your wet clothes at Kota Belud jetty before heading back to the hotel, changing room is ready to use at Kota Belud jetty.
- You should wait a minimum of 18 hours and sometimes up to 24 hours after diving before you fly due to medical safety and surface interval reasons.
- In the event of ’no show’ or ’last minutes cancellation’ on 1 day prior the tour date, 100% cancellation fee will be imposed by the tour company.
- A surcharge of MYR 40 is applied for pickup locations in Kinarut area (eg. Beringgis Beach Resort, Kinabalu Villas).
- Please bring your own towel, or rent a towel from the staffs for MYR30 / pcs.
What to bring:
- Insect repellent.
- Sun-block lotion.
- Change of clothes.
- Pocket money.
- Extra clothes.
07:00 - 07:30: Pick up at hotel.
07:30 - 10:30: Depart to Kota Belud Jetty or Jesselton Point Jetty.
10:30 - 10:50: Learn diving at beach (beach dive) - first dive.
* Leisure Diving – Begin first boat dive.
10:50 - 12:00: Take boat to dive in open water - second dive.
* Leisure Diving - second dive at different dive site
12:00 - 13:30: Back to island for lunch.
13:30 - 15:00: Free and leisure, unlimited snorkeling from the beach.
15:00 - 18:00: Depart back to Kota Belud Jetty or Jesselton Point Jetty.
18:00 - 18:30: Arrive Kota Kinabalu and transfer back to hotel.
Mantanani Islands, Malaysia.