KAI Train Travel Info During PPKM Period
KAI Trains COVID-19 Regulation
To support the government’s public activity restriction enforcement (PPKM) regulation, PT KAI has regulated the travel requirements for KAI's long distance trains passengers in Java and Sumatra. Please see below for more information.
- Passengers traveling in Java and Sumatra from 27 July 2021 until an unspecified date must show a (1) vaccine card/vaccine certification (from PeduliLindungi App) that shows that the passenger has received at least their first vaccination and (2) a negative rapid antigentest that was performed at the longest 24 hours before boarding time or a negative PCR test that was performed at the longest 48 hours before boarding time.
- Passengers under the age of 12 are forbidden from intercity traveling.
- Passengers who are not or have not been vaccinateddue to medical reasons can use the rapid antigen or PCR test only. However, they need to show a letter from a Government Hospital medical doctor stating concerned passengers can’t be vaccinated yet.
- Passengers must be in a healthy condition and are not suffering from the flu, cold, coughs, diarrhea, fever, and loss of smell. Their body temperature also must not exceed 37.3°C.
- Passengers must wear 3-ply cotton face masks or surgical masks.
- Passengers are recommended to wear modest clothing (e.g. a jacket or long-sleeve shirts).
- Passengers are not allowed to talk to the phone throughout the journey.
- Passengers are not allowed to eat or drink in journeys less than 2 hours, except to take medicine.
List of Stations That Provide Free Vaccinations (As of 8 July 2021):
- Passengers must be 18 years or older.
- Passengers must show their booking code or a valid long distance train ticket..
- Passengers must bring their ID Card (KTP).
- Passengers must show up at the latest 1 day before their departure date (quota is limited per day).
2. Pasar Senen
5. Semarang Tawang
10. Surabaya Gubeng
11. Surabaya Pasar Turi
List of Stations That Provide Antigen Test
Important to Know:
- The test costs Rp45.000/person.
- To take the test, passengers must show their booking code.
- The rapid antigen test results take about 15 – 20 minutes. However, to anticipate any long queue for the tests, passengers are recommended to take the test a day before their train departs.
- Pasar Senen
- Cirebon Prujakan
- Semarang Poncol
- Semarang Tawang
- Solo Balapan
- Surabaya Gubeng
- Surabaya Pasar Turi
- Tanjung Balai
- Lubuk Linggau
- Muara Enim
- Tebing Tinggi (Sumatera Selatan)
"For more information about the Antigen Rapid Test at the station and the requirements for taking the train trip, you can contact the KAI Contact Center by phone at (021)121, WhatsApp 08111-2111-121, email email@example.com, or KAI121 social media."