Based on PT KAI's policy, refund can only be requested at the station. It does not have to be your departure station, just any PT KAI stations that are designated for refund, as follows :
1. Refund can be done at the latest 1 hour before your departure. Please note that you will be charged a cancelation fee amounting to 25% of the original ticket price, excluding discounts or convenience fee.
2. Please bring your e-ticket and ID card (KTP, passport, or SIM or Student ID for passengers below 17 years old).
3. Fill in the form at the counter. Should you require assistance, please ask PT KAI’s staff.
4. Refund can be done by bank transfer or cash. For refund by bank transfer, PT KAI will send an SMS notifying that the fund is ready to be sent to your bank account. For refund by cash, you will need to pick up the fund at the station where you made your refund request.
5. Refunds will be processed by PT KAI and may take more than 30 days after you submitted your request.
6. If you are making a refund request on behalf of a passenger, please bring along the following documents: Letter of Authorization with a Rp10.000 duty stamp signed by the passenger, the passenger's original ID card and its copy, and your original ID card and its copy.
For further information you may contact PT KAI’s Call Center at 021 121.
For updates on Kereta Api Indonesia's travel regulations related to COVID-19, please refer to https://trv.lk/kai-covid