Information about SamuiInformation about Koh SamuiFlight to Samui - Koh Samui is the third largest island in Thailand after Phuket and Koh Chang. Koh Samui is one of the most sought after destinations during the holidays for many people. Koh Samui flight tickets are fully booked on a common basis. Koh Samui, this name has a special place in countless people's heart from all over the world. Geographically speaking, Kon Samui is located 84 kilometers to the east of Surat Thani, and covers an area of 247 square kilometers. Koh Samui main road stretches for approximately 52 kilometers in distance. Koh Samui is considered an isolated island, and has an abundance of natural resources. Not only that, Koh Samui is also rich in arts, culture, local tradition and excellent hospitality from the locals. This is nothing new since the Kon Samui way of life has been inherited for generations after generations. These characteristics of Koh Samui are charismatic which are what attract tourists. Koh Samui is considered a gem of Siam. The population of Koh Samui is distributed by 3 main islands which are Kon Samui, Koh Pahluai and Koh Tan. Nonetheless, it is the Subdistrict that is most densely populated simple because it where most tourist services are. The 4 main subdistricts of Koh Samui are Ang Thong, Maret, Bophut and Mae Nam. These areas are mainly equipped with tourism and entertainment businesses. Most population in Koh Samui is married to agricultural lifestyles, along with small business that are orientated around tourismNeighboring stunning scenery and crystal-clear water, Koh Samui also has soul food activities such as water therapy. Water therapy includes spas, full body soaking in mineral water or hot water. Koh Samui is also one of the best places on Earth to get massaged simply because natural resources like herbs are utilized to perfection. To relief physical pain or stress, Koh Samui massage places are super convenient as they are everywhere, in hotels and around the island. If you are an art and culture person, Koh Samui does just the perfect justice. Visit Wat Samrong, Wat Lamai, Jedi Laem and many more. There is nothing to doubt Koh Samui if you want to indulge a full relaxation experience. The question is... what are you waiting for? Book a flight ticket to Koh Samui now! Seasons in Koh SamuiThere are only two seasons in southern Thailand which are summer (mid-February to May), and rainy season (mid-May to February). It is good to know that there can be rain falls during summer as well in Koh Samui, we call this the southwest monsoon season (mid-May to early October) and the northeast monsoon season (mid-October to early May). On average, there are going to be 159 days where rainfall is expected, predominantly from early October to January. It is between November and December where rainfalls are expected to be most aggressive. For safety's sake, between September and October is a must-watch time frame simply because various storms will approach Koh Samui from the Gulf of Thailand.This brings us to a solid conclusion that the best time to travel to Koh Samui is rain-free season. To paint a vivid picture, please avoid travelling to Koh Samui between November, December, and January to play safe. Excluding this time frame, you are expected to experience the brightest and most tranquil side of Koh Samui. On a common basis, most tourist travel to Koh Samui from January to March. Flights to Koh Samui
Bangkok - Koh Samui Route
Suvarnabhumi International Airport only offer a direct Bangkok-Koh Samui flight by Bangkok Airways. The flight only takes 1 hour and 15 minutes. If you are fine will a layover flight, another option is flying from Don Muang International Airport. Airlines that offer a layover flight from Bangkok to Koh Samui are Thai AirAsia, Thai Lion Air and Nok Air. According to today's information, as of October 2021, there are 3 available flights from Bangkok to Koh Samui on daily basis, and 2 from Koh Samui to Bangkok.
International Route to Koh Samui
As of now, there are not direct flights to Koh Samui. The very least that can be done is to land in either Suvarnabhumi Airport or Don Muang Airport before rerouting to Koh Samui.About the AirportIt has been 25 years since the Samui Airport has been licensed as customs airport on September 25, 1996. There are immigration checkpoints, customs checkpoints, animal quarantine checkpoints, communicable disease checkpoints and VISA stamping in the foreign tourist terminal. In addition, there is also a VAT REFUND service for the convenience of tourists. Samui Airport has been designed and constructed in an environment-orientated manner. There is an emphasis on the ability to blend in harmony with the existing nature of the island. Majorly, the main material utilized during the construction process was from coconut trees. Unlike other airports, Samui Airport is one of which open-air which allows tourist to fully indulge a panoramic view of the scenery the island has to offer. The run way of the airport stretches for approximately 2 kilometers and can support aircrafts that weigh up to 70 tons. The 45-meter width allows the runway to support small passenger jets such as Airbus A319 and Boeing 737. It only takes these 2 jets 50 minutes to fly from Bangkok. In order to cope with the increased popularity, the terminal has undergone an expansion which resulted in a 7300-square meter usable area. Today, there are 6 passenger terminals that are divided into: 4 domestic terminals and 2 international terminals. On a day to day basis, the airport can support 16,000 which is equivalent to 6,000,000 tourists per year.Within the scope of 2 years, Samui Airport is expected to be elevated into a second international air hub after Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport. The process is sped up with the help of Bangkok Airways, the country's largest privately owned carrier. As a consequence, there are going to be increased direct international flights for medium-haul routes through small resort airport. This watershed plan promises a mutual benefit for both Bangkok Airways and Samui Property fund in the long-run. When it is said and done, there are going to be direct flights from equivalent touristy countries such as Dubai, Shanghai and Bali. As of now, tourists can fly directly to Koh Samui from Hong Kong and Singapore which is a decent kick starter.Transportations in Koh Samui
Traveling to Koh Samui
There are multiple ways to step foot on the island of Samui, whether by driving, taking a bus (somewhat 9 hours from Bangkok), hoping on a train (10-11 hours in approximation) and by flying on a plane which only takes an hour. Upon arrival, it is always useful to know in advance about some of the methods of transportation available on the island.
Traveling around Koh Samui
- Airport transfer (pre-booked): for those who is all about convenience and efficiency; have a private car parked ready for you as soon as your step foot on the airport. You can arrange a personal driver, choose the exact date and time. This can be done by filling your information and destination before paying to receive an electronic booking slip. On the day, simply show the driver your slip then you are more than good to go. - Car Rental: What's more satisfying than the ability to lower your window at will when cruising through the island of Samui? Renting a car is the most convenient method of traveling. This way, you are boundless to choose your destination, and time is in your hands. You do not have to wait for time consuming waits for the bus. It will only take you15 minutes driving from the airport to the main city. It is worth it, is it not? To pay a little extra more in exchange for the freedom behind the steering wheel.- Micro Bus: The cutely patterned buses is famous on Koh Samui. They are operated under Koh Samui Bus Cooperative which provides shuttle service for the airport to Nathon Pier. There are 2 distinctive routes but both takes around an hour (buses are available from 7.30am-21.20pm).- Vans: High roofed and air-conditioned. Vans on Koh Samui are both public and chartered. They can take your straight from the airport to tiny alleys or accommodation points around the island. The only red flag is sharing the journey with other passengers through wharf routes. - Taxis: Up to this point if none of the above makes you go "that's the one" then you cannot avoid taking a cab. But hold on, a friendly reminder that most taxis on Koh Samui will charge you a fixed fare, which can be quite expensive. The only way to claim a friendly price is through a prior negotiation before you hop on. Taxis on Koh Samui vary from medium-sized to large cabs.Ways to book air tickets conveniently than before
New Features of Traveloka
- Price Alerts; Notifies you when tickets are available at the price you seek. Simply turn on the notification to never miss out on exclusive promotions. We will ensure that you get the best price for flight to Phuket or flight to any destinations you are finding for!- Promo Filter; Select only the best promotion by comparing different ticket prices. Moreover, beside promotions and prices, promo filter feature is where you can filter out facilities and flight preference you want to. This immensely aids your decision making.- Flight Upgrade; Upon buying a ticket, click 'Flight Upgrade' to pay a little more (additional payment varies for different destinations) in exchange for more luggage weight, no limit flight postpones and other exclusive benefits depending on different airlines' terms and conditions.Top 3 places to visit in Koh Samui
Chaweng Beach – Chaweng beach is located in the east of Koh Samui. Hands down, Chaweng Beach is the most cliché tourist spot. It is buzzing throughout the day and the entire night. For this reason, many tourists who seek pure relaxation experience may want to avoid this beach. Nonetheless, Chaweng Beach is full of activities such as watching the sun rise or enjoy world-class entertainment when nightfall. Chaweng Beach is the longest beach on Koh Samui with the beach stretching for 6 kilometers. Water at Chaweng Beach is turquoise in color and mildly deep. But that's not the case, you can still enjoy extreme sports such as banana boat, jet skis, canoes and more. Along the rocks are snorkeling points where you can witness the rich marine life and vibrant corals.
Koh Madsum or Koh Moo – Koh Madsum is a small island that locates in the southern part of Koh Samui. You can get there by a speed boat or a long-tail boat. Furnished with sparkling, white sand and healthy nature, Koh Madsum is a destination that is famous among Thais and foreigners. But the main reason countless people are dying to go there is to take pictures with the cute pigs. Some even call Koh Madsum "Thailand's Bahamas"
Koh Wua Ta Lap - locates in Ang Thong Subdistrict. This beach is perfect for you to give yourself away to the sun, sea and sand. The mini island hides Bua Bok Cave which is aesthetically pleasing decorated with historic stalagmites and stalactites shaped like a healthy lotus. What you can't miss is Pha Chancharat viewpoint. From this point, you are going to see islands of Ang Thong perfectly aligned with the baby blue-colored water. A must-go if you visit Koh Samui!
Top 3 things to do in Koh Samui
1. Koh Samui kayaking and snorkeling tours - Even though going for tours in Koh Samui are not very famous that much for it is economically developed. As a result of having convenient malls and tall infrastructures, many diving spots are not appealing for having non-transparent water. But that does not make diving impossible. Many tourists prefer buying diving trips around Koh and Thong National Park, Koh Tao and Koh Nang Yuan. Around these islands, 9 out of 10 times you are going to bump into amazing marine life including corals, butterfly fish, parrot fish and whale sharks if you are super lucky! Besides diving, exploring the on-land nature is heavily taken for granted on Koh Samui. Most importantly, it is guaranteed that you are going to find yourself binge eating at a high-end all-you-can-eat before you even finish this sentence! Find more things to do in Koh Samuinow!
2. Samui Aquarium and Tiger Zoo- enter the animal kingdom like never before. Say hi to marine animals, colorful birds and exotic species all in one place! There are varieties of activities that await you at the Samui Aquarium and Tiger Zoo. You can hand-feed milk bottles to tiger cubs, enjoy daily clever animal shows, and of course being on an island, it is logical that marine animals are the highlight. See for yourself, the hidden beauty of nurse sharks, leopard sharks, manta rays, sea catfish, tropical fishes species and species from the Gulf of Thailand. Surprisingly, the stars of the park are Bengal tigers and leopards. Erase the ferocious images you have seen on National Geographic, and see for you how smart and training-capable these big cats are!
3. One day tour around Ang Thong Island - One day tour around Ang Thong Island</a> ) - A trip to Ang Thong National Park, diving, kayaking, ride on a speed boat, all comes in one package!, a trip that is truly a bang for your buck. The Ang Thong National Park is located 20 kilometers west of Koh Samui and Koh Phangan. It consists up to 40 islands. Most islands have pure, white sandy beaches. Before ending the trip, enjoy a new level of sunset hunting by watching it on a boat on your voyage back to Koh Samui. Life-long memories and moments that will have special places in your hearts, you are going to be handed, and this, we can guarantee.
Domestic & International Airline Partners
We are partnering with various airlines across the globe to get you to wherever you need to be.
We are partnering with the most reliable payment service providers to make sure every transaction is smooth and worry-free!