The Philippines is one of the famous holiday destinations among the tourist. One of the most popular tourist destinations in the Philippines is Manila. Manila is the capital of the Philippines. It is one of the most populated cities in the world. Compare to other cities around the Philippines, Manila is one of the biggest and most dense cities packed with many attractions to be explored by visitors. The Philippines was formerly colonized by the Spaniards. Thus in 1571, the city of Manila was established and known as the Spanish City of Manila. It was discovered by the Spanish Empire, Miguel Lopez de Legazpi on 24 June 1571. The Manila terms are usually used to describe the entire metropolitan area which later known as Metro Manila. Manila is also one of the wealthiest cities in Southeast Asia. There are many attractions in Manila that make this city very attractive. Surrounded by beaches, historical building and spectacular shopping mall, Manila is a perfect getaway for those who want to explore one of the bustling big cities in Asia.
The busiest time for tourism in Catarman is April. Tourists are unlikely to visit Catarman in October. It is important to take note that prices for flights and hotels might be higher in April as it the peak season. The temperature in Catarman also does not vary much. However, the occurrence of rain is normal in Catarman. You should always be prepared with an umbrella.
1. Catarman Airport: Catarman National Airport serves the general area of Catarman, located in the province of Northern Samar in the Philippines. This airport only operates domestic flights. The airline that operates here is Philippines Airline.
2. Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA): NAIA, also known as Manila International Airport, is one of the two international airports serving the Metro Manila Area, being the main international gateway to the Philippines. NAIA is located along the border between Pasay City and Parañaque City in Metro Manila. It is about 4 miles (7 km) south of the city, and southwest of Makati City's Central Business District. The airlines that operate here include AirAsia, Air China, Cebu Pacific, Emirates, KLM and many more. This airport has four terminals that serve domestic and international flight routes. There is also a shuttle bus service that connects all terminals for passengers who have connections on flights departing from another terminal.
Manila’s climate is under the hot sun for most of the time. Usually, it will be warm and sunny throughout the years with little rains except for typhoon season which the weather can be unpredictable with heavy rains and thunderstorm. The average maximum temperature in Manila is around 27 and 33 degree Celsius while the average minimum is about 20 and 24 degree Celsius. While around December to February will be the peak of seasons because it will be the warm and pleasant season of the year. If you plan to visit Manila during this season make sure you book your flight and hotel early as both fill up quickly.
1. Fort Santiago – Fort Santiago is one of the attractions located in Manila. It is a must place to visit if you are a history enthusiast. It is a citadel first built by the Spanish conquistador, Miguel López de Legazpi for the newly established city of Manila in the Philippines. The defense fortress is part of the structures of the walled city of Manila referred to as Intramuros. The fort is one of the most important historical sites in Manila. Several lives were lost in its prisons during the Spanish Colonial Period and World War II. José Rizal, one of the Philippine national heroes, was imprisoned here before his execution in 1896. The Rizal Shrine museum displays memorabilia of the hero in their collection and the fort features, embedded onto the ground in bronze, his footsteps representing his final walk from his cell to the location of the actual execution.
2. Pinto Art Museum - If you are an art enthusiast, you must come to the Pinto Art Museum. It is one of the popular art centre in Manila. The museum is located in Antipolo, in the hills just east of Metro Manila. There are six impressive galleries, outdoor art installations, and an indigenous arts wing where you can get an authentic Kalinga (North Luzon) tattoo. There is a café located on the museum grounds where you can relax and dine in after a long tour around the museum. For art lovers out there, Pinto Art Museum is an attraction that you cannot miss!
3. San Agustin Church - Manila is located along with the magnificent churches. One of the popular churches in this city is San Agustin Church. It is a popular attraction for locals or in Manila. San Agustin Church was the only building left intact after the destruction of Intramuros in WWII. Built between 1587 and 1606, it is the oldest church in the Philippines. The massive facade conceals an ornate interior filled with objects of great historical and cultural merit. It is an active church and much in demand for weddings and other ceremonies. Therefore, if you are lucky you can witness many ceremonies while visiting the church.