General Santos or GenSan is located on the island of Mindanao towards the southern part of the Philippines. The city was founded in August 1947. The climate of the city is tropical wet and dry. The city has two main industries that source their economy which is fishing and agro-industry. It is one of the urban cities in the Philippines.
General Santos has a tropical wet and dry climate. The temperature does not vary much all year round. The best time to fly to the city would be between February to March. The temperature is high all year round with constant rain. The warmest time of the year would be in April where the temperature can go up to 34.1°C during the day. However, in August, the amount of rainfall is at its peak. There is an average of 3-day rainfall this month. The wind in GenSan is usually calm but in March, there will be a slight increase in the wind speed, but it is still considered as a light breeze. This will not temper with flights going in or out of GenSan. For tourists who wish to visit GenSan, it is best to visit the city in August. The flight ticket will be slightly higher as it is the time where many would go there. Those who wish to get a cheaper flight ticket may visit the city in December.
1. Ninoy Aquino International Airport
Ninoy Aquino International is an airport that used to be known as the Manila International. Now it is also known as NAIA for short. It is located along the borders of Pasay and Paranaque. It is 7 kilometers away from the city center of Manila. Therefore, it is officially the main airport that serves the vicinity of Manila. It is the main international airport and some of the airlines that operate here are AirAsia, Cebu Pacific and Philippines airlines. This airport consists of four different terminals. Ninoy Aquino International Airport has many interesting shops and eateries within the airport so you can shop or dine in while waiting for the plane to arrive or depart. To go in and out of the airport is easy because there are many types of transportation available in Ninoy Aquino International Airport for the visitors.
2. General Santos International Airport
General Santos International Airport is the airport located 16 kilometers away from the main city of General Santos that serves the area of Soccsksargen as well as the vicinity. It is also the biggest airport in Mindanao and it has been declared an international airport by the Civil Aviation Authority. The airport also has the third longest runway among the Philippines airport. Some of the airlines that operate here are Cebu Pacific, Philippines Airlines and PAL Express. General Santos International Airport has many interesting shops and eateries within the airport so you can shop or dine in while waiting for the plane to arrive or depart. To go in and out of the airport is easy because there are many types of transportation available in The Mactan–Cebu International Airport for the visitors.
General Santos has a climate where it is hot all year round with continuous rainfall as well. This is very similar to the weather pattern in Manila as well. Except for August where the rainfall is slightly more compared to other months. The average maximum temperature in GenSan is around 30°C to 34.1°C. If you plan to visit General Santor during August make sure you book your flight and hotel early as both fill up quickly.
1. Sarangani Highlands Garden - Sarangani Highlands Garden is the best place to go to visit Sarangani Bay. Here tourists may look at the skyline of the city. In this garden, there are flowers and trees. Tourists may enjoy a picnic at their dining area under the trees.
2. Fish Port Complex – This is where the fish trade takes place. The local fisherman would be unloading and selling their catch like tunas. Tourists should be able to see how the locals would trade their catch in the big market.
3. PacMan Wild Card Gym - PacMan Wild Card Gym has become an attraction in General Santos. It is the gym owned by Manny Pacquiao who is the local boxer that has achieved international recognition. This is where Pacman trains and visitors may learn more about him and also meet him at times.