Flights to Dubai, United Arab EmiratesDubai is one of the seven emirates that made up the United Arab Emirates. It is also the largest and most populous city in the UAE. Dubai started gaining its place in the eyes of the world with large construction projects, particularly with the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building that was opened in January 2010. Today, Dubai is the most expensive city in the Middle East. Its hotel rooms are also rated to be the second most expensive in the world, back in 2014.
Airports in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1. Dubai International Airport (DXB)This is the primary international airport in Dubai. It is also one of the world's busiest airports. Dubai International Airport is located in the Al Garhoud district, just 4.6 kilometres east of the Dubai city centre. The airport handled almost 90 million passengers in 2018. Dubai International Airport is the home base for two of Dubai’s international airlines; the Emirates and the flydubai. Dubai International Airport has three terminals, and Terminal 3 is being used exclusively for Emirates and Qantas airlines. The airport is connected to the city centre via several modes of transportations such as railways by the Dubai Metro and Dubai Buses. There are also government-owned taxis providing around the clock service at the arrival hall of every terminal.
2. Al Maktoum International Airport (DWC) This is a newly opened airport in Dubai, located 37 kilometres southwest of Dubai. It is not yet fully operational, and as of 2016, the airport only handles some 410 thousand passengers. Only a couple of airlines that are currently operating from the airport. It was scheduled to be fully operational by 2017; however, due to a global financial crisis, it has been postponed until 2027.
How to Get Cheap Flights to Dubai?
Dubai is an expensive city and a flight ticket going there is equally costly. However, if one knows where to find the best deal on the net, getting a cheap flight ticket to Dubai is not a problem. Traveloka is a search engine for hotels, accommodations and flight tickets for destinations from all over the world. The website also shows the deals based on the parameters provided by the user. To get the best and cheapest flight ticket to Dubai, head off to the Traveloka website or mobile apps and key in all the required fields and set the parameters. The website will show the best deal that is currently available on the internet. Still not satisfied? Don't forget to use Traveloka’s price alert function. It will notify once the ticket price drops in the preferred range. Traveloka is the website (or apps) to use to get the best deal to travel even if going to one of the most expensive cities in the world.
When is the Best Time to Fly to Dubai?
Dubai is a city that is great to go to, any time of the year, depending on one's preferences. Dubai as a hot desert climate and summer days are scorching with temperature soaring to 41°C during the day while the night is still hot at 30°C. With this high, rather unpleasant temperature, it is not a surprise that it is the low season for tourists coming to Dubai. The high temperature, paired with high levels of humidity can be unbearable for some people thus contributing to a very low number of tourists. It is during this time that there are plenty of sales, reduced rates and special deals popping up at almost every store in the city. Summer is from June to August.
The high season happens in November through April. Prices for accommodations can be skyrocketed. Thus it is much recommended to book months earlier. Crowds are huge too. During this time, one can truly enjoy Dubai with the finest weather, bright blue skies and sunshine without the scorching heat thanks to the gentle winds. Many outdoor activities can be done comfortably.
There are plenty of festivals happening in Dubai that one should never miss. Dubai Shopping Festival, happening from January to February, is perfect for those who love discounts! For a marathoner, don't forget the Standard Chartered Dubai Marathon in January, which is considered to be one of the richest races in the world. Love arts? Don't miss the Dubai Design Week happening in November where the creative community is celebrated with arts, exhibitions and events.
What are the Top 3 Things to Do in Dubai?
1. Burj Khalifa – A visit to the tallest building in the world is something not to be missed. The best way to appreciate the tower is by getting on the observation deck, located on the 124th floor. The view of Dubai from up there is simply stunning. Enjoy an enjoyable meal in the clouds at their restaurant located just a couple of floors lower.
2. Al Fahidi – Looking for the old, traditional middle eastern small town? Go to the Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood. It is one of the oldest neighbourhood in the city. It is a perfect place to enjoy and appreciate the local culture that is slowly being engulfed with developments in the city.
3. Palm Jumeirah – This is another architectural and engineering wonders of the world. Palm Jumeirah is a human-made island in the shape of a palm tree. It is also one of the biggest human-made islands in the world. The Palm Jumeirah is connected by a monorail system thus getting there is not a problem.
Domestic & International Airline Partners
We are partnering with various airlines across the globe to get you to wherever you need to be.
We are partnering with the most reliable payment service providers to make sure every transaction is smooth and worry-free!
Top Things to Do in Dubai