About ShanghaiShanghai is one of the many states located in the People's Republic of China. It is the largest city there and has the most population to date. Shanghai has a humid subtropical climate. It has all four seasons. Shanghai is also known as one of the cities that has a vast collection of skyscrapers. It also has a large number of Art Deco buildings. The people in Shanghai spoke in a dialect called Shanghainese. It is a branch of the Mandarin language.
Airports in Shanghai
1. Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG)Shanghai Pudong International is one of the two main airports in Shanghai. Shanghai Pudong focuses more on international flights. The airport is located 30 kilometres from the city center. The airport is a 40 square kilometre wide airport. It is located on the coastline of eastern Pudong. The airline operating here are China Eastern Airlines and Shanghai Airlines as well as Air China. The airport is also the busiest airport in China.
2. Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport (SHA)Shanghai Hongqiao International is the other airport in Shanghai. It still has several international flights however the airport mainly serves the domestic and regional flights. The only international flights are to Tokyo, Seoul, Taipei, Hong Kong and also Macau. The airport is located near the town of Hongqiao and is only 13 kilometers from the city center. Hongqiao International has been the main airport until Pudong Airport was completed in 1999.
How to Get Cheap Flights to Shanghai?
It is not difficult to get cheap flights to Shanghai. The best way to go about it is to use the search engine, Traveloka. Travelers may use this site by keying in the information in the search box, and it will later generate the best trip based on the traveler's budget. The site also will compare the prices from several known airlines to ensure traveler will get the best deal possible. Moreover, the traveler can use the price alert feature to get notifications for flights that are within the budget to Shanghai.
When is the Best Time to Fly to Shanghai?
Shanghai is a place that is suitable to be visited all year long. The best time to visit the city would be from October to November. It is a short autumn season. The temperature is not too hot or too cold. There are also not many crowds. This is the time when the summer's humidity has lessened. There is also lesser rain during this time. In the first week of October however, Shanghai will expect more Chinese tourists as it is their National Day. Therefore, many would spend their time outside their homes.
December to March would be the least visitted time. It is the winter season so the tempereature could go down mid 40 to 50 Farrenheit during the day and may go down to 30s at night. It has low rainfall too. During this season, the hotel rate and items are mostly on sale. The rate however wll inflate again in April as the season turns to Spring. During this season, there is the New Year which falls on January 1st, and there is also the Chinese New Year which may fall between January and February.
What are the Top 3 Things to Do in Shanghai?
1. The Bund -The Bund is the waterfront area in Shanghai. It is located along the Huangpu River. There are many skyscrapers here that makes it the signature of signature of Shanghai. It is also influenced by European culture. It is a very good place to walk around and look at the 52 unique buildings located in The Bund.
2. Yu Garden - Yu Garden is also known as the Garden of Happiness. The garden is 20,000 square meters. It was built in 1559. The outer garden has the park's main hall where it has roof ornaments, dragon-adorned walls and window openings. The inner garden has small ponds, theatrical stage and pavilions.
3. Shanghai Museum -This museum is one of the most important museums there is as it stores classical Chinese art. The building itself seems like art itself. The museum has bronzes and ceramics from the 19th century, ink drawings, calligraphy and also seals. There are also jade, coins and also a gift shop to visit.
Domestic & International Airline Partners
We are partnering with various airlines across the globe to get you to wherever you need to be.
We are partnering with the most reliable payment service providers to make sure every transaction is smooth and worry-free!
More Xperience in Shanghai