Interesting Places in Bandar Seri BegawanBandar Seri Begawan is the capital of the Sultanate of Brunei Darussalam. The city stretches along the Brunei River, not far from the lips of Tanjung Brunei on the northern coast of the island of Borneo. This city of 100.36 km2 is famous through its classy museums and the largest water village in the world.
Previously, the city was the center of trade, agriculture and the river port area. Currently, Bandar Seri Begawan is developing as a city that produces textiles, wood, handicrafts and furniture.
The city's main airport is Brunei International Airport. The airport connects the capital city of Brunei with several popular destinations in Asia, Oceania and the United Kingdom. Some airlines offering flight tickets to Bandar Seri Begawan from Indonesia include: Air Asia, Garuda Indonesia, Royal Brunei Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, and Singapore Airlines.
The Most Popular Destinations in Bandar Seri Begawan CityMost of the Bandar Seri Begawan City tourism highlights the charm of religious tourism sites, history and cultural villages. The three most popular places are:
1. Masjid Sultan Omar Ali SaifuddinLocation: Jalan McArthur, Bandar Seri Begawan BS8711.The mosque which is located in the center of Bandar Seri Begawan is the Brunei Sultanate mosque which is recognized as one of the most amazing mosques in the world. This mosque looks magnificent with a touch of white and gold as a symbol of the glory of Islam in Brunei. The beauty of the mosque is increasingly prominent with artificial lagoons around it.
2. Royal Regalia MuseumLocation: Jalan Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin, Bandar Seri Begawan BS8611.The museum which also known as Museum Alat Kebesaran Diraja Royal, is the center for storing various collections of Sultanate of Brunei and also items from the silver and gold anniversary of Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah's government in Brunei. Visiting this museum takes you dive in the documentation of the life of the sultan and his family.
3. Kampong AyerLocation: Pusat Kota Bandar Seri Begawan.This residential area on the water officially became a historic site in Brunei Darussalam. This village has a traditional stilt house that runs along the Brunei River. In one area, there are 42 small villages that are interconnected through 38 kilometers of wooden bridges. Although it has been found more than 600 years ago, Kampung Ayer is still considered as the largest water village in the world.
The Most Popular Places to Eat in Bandar Seri BegawanThe excitement of the streets in Bandar Seri Begawan City must also be completed with speciality food and drinks. Therefore, those of you who have purchased flight tickets to Bandar Seri Begawan need to stop by the following popular places.
1. Pasar Malam GadongLocation: Simpang 37, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei.Open every day, at 15:00 - 00:00.This night market is the most famous authentic street food paradise in Brunei. The market is located about three kilometers on the northwest side of the city center. Explore along the market area to sample a variety of foods at low prices, such as Sate Kambing, Nasi Bakar, Kuih Takis, Es Cendol, Pais Daging, Mee Mamak, Ayam Golek, and Pulut Panggang.
2. Aminah Arif RestaurantLocations: Jerudong, Kiulap, Tungku, dan Serusop, BruneiOpen every day, 9:30 - 21:30.Aminah Arif Restaurant is the most popular local restaurant chain in Bandar Seri Begawan. This restaurant offers Brunei specialties with family recipes that are passed down from generation to generation. Popular menus include Ambuyat, Pais Daging, Daging Urat Tumis, Masakan Ikan Segar, and Rojak. Currently, Aminah Arif Restaurant has opened four branches in Brunei, namely in Jerudong, Kiulap, Tungku, and Serusop. The most visited branch is Aminah Arif Restaurant Tungku.
3. Tamu SeleraLocation: Dato Ratna Road, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei.Open daily, 15:00 - 00:00.Another popular culinary night market in Bandar Seri Begawan. This market offers a variety of specialties from Brunei, Malay and Indonesia. In this place, you will not only enjoy the Ambuyat experience, but also you can indulge your tongue with Indonesian most popular food such as Fried Rice, Fried Noodles, and Satay.
Partner Maskapai Penerbangan di Dalam & Luar Negeri
Kami bekerja sama dengan berbagai maskapai penerbangan di seluruh dunia untuk menerbangkan Anda ke mana pun Anda inginkan!
Partner Pembayaran Resmi
Kami bekerja sama dengan beragam penyedia layanan pembayaran tepercaya agar Anda bisa bertransaksi dengan aman dan lancar!
Xperience Lain di Bandar Seri Begawan
Destinasi Terbang Terpopuler