As regulated in Presidential Regulation No. 12 of 2013, all Indonesians are required to become BPJS Kesehatan service participants. Therefore, you must be registered as a participant of BPJS Health. Moreover, the government has planned a target concerning Indonesian citizens to be fully registered in BPJS Kesehatan in 2019.
For those who have not been registered as a participant, it's better to register immediately. The registration process is very easy and can be done quickly. There are several ways to apply for BPJS service. You can choose the easiest and closest to yourself and your family.
The main method is coming and registering to branch offices/district offices or via Mobile Customer Service available in some cities.
If you don’t have the time to come, simply call BPJS Kesehatan care center at 1500-1400 or JKN mobile application. You may also register through third parties, such as sub-districts or other government agencies, banks, or authorized partner agencies.
Of the many methods, there is one more fairly practical way, which is an online registration through BPJS Kesehatan website.
As decreed in Presidential Regulation No. 12 of 2013, every Indonesian citizen must have BJPS Healthcare membership. Therefore, you must register yourself as a BPJS Health member. Moreover, the government has targeted to have all Indonesian citizens to be registered on BPJS Health by 2019.
For those who haven‘t registered themselves on BPJS Healthcare, it is time to do so before it’s too late. The registration process is very easy and can be done quickly. There are a few ways to register yourself, you can easily choose any method that you find most convenient.
The main method for registration is by visiting one of BPJS offices/branches in your local area/municipalities or by using the Mobile Customer Services which are available in major cities.
If you can’t find the time for direct registration through the offices, you can contact BPJS Health Call Center at 1500-1400 or download the JKN mobile application. You can also register via third-party offices/companies such as municipal offices, banks or other official partners.
From all methods available, the most practical one is to register online through BPJS Healthcare website.
Before you register yourself on BPJS Healthcare, there are a few requirements and conditions you should know. These are listed below:
1. BPJS Healthcare member’s age must be deemed adequate by law to be able to perform any legally binding obligation, which may be incurred from registering for BPJS membership.
2. BPJS Healthcare users must fill in their data with care and attention to its accuracy.
3. BPJS Healthcare users must register themselves and their family members to become BPJS Healthcare members.
4. Fully registered members must pay the monthly premium by the 10th day of the month, at the latest.
5. Any changes of status of BPJS Healthcare member or their family must be reported and updated to BPJS offices. Those changes include change of preferred health facility or changes in the family member such as additional member.
6. BPJS Healthcare members must ensure their user identity (BPJS Healthcare card or e-ID) is safe and not damaged or lost to avoid card misuse by unauthorized parties.
7. BPJS Healthcare members must state their willingness to report to BPJS offices, should they lose their BPJS Healthcare card.
8. BPJS Healthcare members must agree to pay their initial premium at the quickest; 14 days and at the latest’ 30 days after they receive the virtual account number. Payment of this premium is obligatory, and essential for members/patients to receive their rights and benefits of the health insurance.
9. You need to re-register, if:
10. BPJS Healthcare members agree to print their e-ID as their BPJS Healthcare ID.
11. Should there be any changes in the family card or members, BPJS Healthcare members must report these changes to nearby BPJS offices.
12. Additionally, make sure to prepare the necessary documents for registration. Those documents are:
The number of registration methods available for BPJS Healthcare registration might confuse you when choosing the right one. To ease and smooth this process, follow some of the tips below:
The Government of Indonesia directly appoints BPJS as the organizer of social security in the health sector. BPJS Kesehatan is a form of JKN (National Health Insurance) program which has been inaugurated by the government since 31 December 2013
BPJS Kesehatan operated since January 1, 2014. Before named BPJS, the community first recognizes this program under the name of ASKES (Health Insurance). Referring to Presidential Regulation Number 12 Year 2013, BPJS Health membership is mandatory for all Indonesians.
The existence of BPJS Kesehatan is to ensure all levels of society in the country get a reasonable health care coverage. This program provides benefits for participants from all aspects. Some of the main benefits are:
1. First-level health facilities (Faskes) include promotive, preventive and curative services by general practitioners and dentists, first-rate hospital admissions, and obstetric and newborn services.
2. Advanced health referral facilities include outpatient, inpatient, and corpse services for patients who died in Faskes.
3. Emergency services
4. Ambulance facility
The implementation of BPJS Kesehatan services is an insurance system. That is, each participant is required to pay premium or dues every month. The amount of tuition per person adjusts to the selected health care class:
1. Class 1: Rp80.000 per month
2. Class 2: Rp51.000 per month
3. Class 3: Rp25.500 per month
To pay this fee, you can easily pay your health bills via Traveloka.